603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 11PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
Books On Our Site May Not Be Available In-Store
Is This Book In Stock? Be Savvy! Check availability details beneath the blue "Add to Cart" button.
What Every Body Is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People (Paperback)
He says that's his best offer. Is it?
She says she agrees. Does she?
The interview went great--or did it?
He said he'd never do it again. But he did.
Read this book and send your nonverbal intelligence soaring. Joe Navarro, a former FBI counterintelligence officer and a recognized expert on nonverbal behavior, explains how to "speed-read" people: decode sentiments and behaviors, avoid hidden pitfalls, and look for deceptive behaviors. You'll also learn how your body language can influence what your boss, family, friends, and strangers think of you. You will discover:
- The ancient survival instincts that drive body language
- Why the face is the least likely place to gauge a person's true feelings
- What thumbs, feet, and eyelids reveal about moods and motives
- The most powerful behaviors that reveal our confidence and true sentiments
- Simple nonverbals that instantly establish trust
- Simple nonverbals that instantly communicate authority
Filled with examples from Navarro's professional experience, this definitive book offers a powerful new way to navigate your world.
“A masterful work on nonverbal body language by an exceptional observer. Joe Navarro’s work has been field-tested in the crucible of law enforcement at the highest levels within the FBI. I cannot praise the book enough.”
---David Givens, Ph.D., author of Crime Signals and Love Signals