603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 11PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
Books On Our Site May Not Be Available In-Store
Is This Book In Stock? Be Savvy! Check availability details beneath the blue "Add to Cart" button.
Healthy Child, Whole Child: Integrating the Best of Conventional and Alternative Medicine to Keep Your Kids Healthy (Paperback)
Should you give your child nutritional supplements? Are vaccinations safe? Why are more and more children becoming couch potatoes? In Healthy Child, Whole Child, doctors Stuart H. Ditchek and Russell H. Greenfield answer these questions and more, offering authoritative, cutting-edge information on all aspects of children's health and wellness. Taking the position that conventional and alternative approaches to pediatric care are not mutually exclusive, they provide the newest science and most up-to-date information on:
- The 6 myths (and one true statement) about vaccinations
- The 10 powerhouse foods for your kids
- The 7 questions you need to ask to find out if your child is overweight
- The 16 herbs that are safe and effective for children
- How to receive more integrative care from your current pediatrician
“[Dr. Ditchek and Dr. Greenfield’s] sound advice and supportive tone, along with their useful resource guide, will help parents care for their children in a complex world. Highly recommended....”