603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 11PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
COSTUME PARTY WITH JASON SEGEL - Nightmares! The Sleepwalker Tonic
Saturday, October 31 at 3PM
HALLOWEEN COSTUME PARTY!
with actor and children's author
speaking & signing
Nightmares! The Sleepwalker Tonic
Kids, put on your Halloween best and join us for a very special costume party with Jason Segel, actor and author of Nightmares! The Sleepwalker Tonic. This is the sequel to Segel's hilarious, bestselling middle grade novel, Nightmares. Inspired by his own childhood experience with nightmares, Segel tells the story of young Charlie Laird, who lives in a purple mansion with a portal to the Netherworld and has a very active dream life. The speaking portion of this event is free and open to the public. Tickets are required for the signing and only available with the purchase of a copy of Nightmares! The Sleepwalker Tonic from BookPeople.
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- The speaking portion of this event is free & open to the public.
- Tickets are required to join the signing line.
- Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of Nighmares! The Sleepwalker Tonic from BookPeople.
- Books & tickets are now available. Purchasing a book online automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing. There is no separate "ticket" item to add to your cart.
- Tickets are lettered. The line for the signing will form according to ticket letter after the author speaks.
- Please Note: Only books will be signed at this event, no memorabilia. Segel will sign a maximum of three books per person who purchases Nightmares: The Sleepwalker Tonic from BookPeople. Time will not allow for posed photos at the signing table. Thank you for cooperating with all guidelines communicated by our staff in advance of and the day of the event.
If you cannot make it to the event you can order a signed copy of Nightmares! The Sleepwalker Tonic. Simply add the book to your cart and indicate SIGNED COPY (books will not be personalized). We ship all over the world!
ABOUT JASON SEGEL
New York Times bestselling author Jason Segel used to have nightmares just like Charlie, and just like Charlie, he’s learned that the things we’re most afraid of are the things that can make us strong…if we’re brave enough to face them. Jason likes acting, writing, making music, and hanging out with his friends. Sometimes he writes movies. Sometimes he writes songs for movies. Sometimes he stars in those movies and sings those songs. You might know him from The Muppets and Despicable Me. Your parents might know him from other stuff.
ABOUT NIGHTMARES! THE SLEEPWALKER TONIC
Nightmares The Sleepwalker Tonic is the sequel to the hilariously scary New York Times bestselling novel Nightmares by multitalented actor Jason Segel and bestselling author Kirsten Miller.
You thought the nightmares were over? You better keep the lights on!
Charlie Laird has a dream life.
1) He has a weirdo stepmom who runs an herbarium.
2) He lives in a purple mansion with a portal to the Netherworld.
3) Since they escaped from the Netherworld, he and his best friends have been sleeping like babies.
But Charlie can t shake the feeling that something strange is afoot. Charlotte's herbarium used to be one of the busiest stores in Cypress Creek. Now her loyal following is heading to Orville Falls for their herbal potions.
Weirder, though, Orville Falls is suddenly filled with . . . "zombies"? At least, they sure "look" like the walking dead. Rumor has it that no one's sleeping in Orville Falls. And Charlie knows what that means.
Things are getting freaky again.