Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 2:30PM
President Jimmy Carter
A Full Life: Reflections at Ninety
Tickets are required for the signing
and are now available.
***Please note, online ticket sales will cease at 6:30pm CST Friday, July 31st.
Orders placed after that time will not be processed. Tickets will continue to be available to purchase in-store while supplies last. ***
We are honored to welcome President Jimmy Carter to BookPeople to sign his new book, A Full Life: Reflections at Ninety, a memoir of pride, humor, and a few second thoughts. With a frankness that is disarming, he recalls with detail and emotion his youth in rural Georgia, its racism, and the isolation of the Carters. He describes the brutality of the hazing regimen at Annapolis, and how he nearly lost his life twice serving on submarines. He describes the profound influence his mother had on him, and how he admired his father even though he didn't emulate him. He admits that he decided to quit the Navy and later enter politics without consulting his wife, Rosalynn, and how appalled he is in retrospect. Carter has lived one of our great American lives—from rural obscurity to world fame, universal respect, and contentment. His life story is extraordinary and we're honored he's chosen to share it with us.
- Please leave all bags, purses, and other large personal items at home or in your car.
Plan on entering the store with your ticket(s) and items that fit in your pockets (keys, wallet, cell phone).
- The line for the signing will form first come, first serve the day of the event.
Our store opens at 9:00AM. Please do not arrive to line up before 9:00AM, as we will not be able to assist you.
- Ticketholders MUST be in line at 2:30pm when the signing begins.
President Carter signs VERY fast. We cannot guarantee signed copies or entrance to the signing line for late arrivals, even if you purchased your ticket well in advance.
- This event is a SIGNING only. President Carter will not give a public talk.
- Tickets are required to join the signing line.
- Tickets are available to purchase online and in-store. Tickets cost as much as the price of one copy of A Full Life plus tax.
- Each ticket grants access to the signing line for ONE person and will be exchanged for ONE signed copy of A Full Life at the signing table the day of the event.
- There is no limit to the number of tickets one person can purchase and redeem for books.
- The first 800 books distributed will be first editions. After that, books will be second printings.
- Due to time constraints, books will not be personalized.
- Photos will not be allowed at the signing table.
- No memorabilia will be signed at this event.
Questions? Email online (at) bookpeople.com.
If you would like a signed copy but cannot make it to the event, please give us a call the day after the event to inquire about signed stock. We cannot take orders for signed copies in advance.
If you purchased a ticket and cannot attend the event: we will hold a copy of the book for you for 30 days after the event date. We will make every effort to secure a signed copy, however we cannot guarantee that the book held for you will be signed.