Dear Community of Readers,
Thank you for your continued support of BookPeople through the past 18 months! We could not have made it this far without your support! Here we are again, at the busiest season of the year during a pandemic (yep, there is still a global pandemic!) and there are STILL delays all along our supply chain. Everyone is moving as fast as possible and we sincerely appreciate your patience with all booksellers around the county.
We will once again be the thriving literary community meeting spot that you know and love! But the only way that we are going to get there is if readers shop with us now, and really, for the foreseeable future. What that means is not only choosing to purchase from indie bookstores over all other options presented, but also a large shift in expectations that have been set by other, outside vendors, that independent bookstores will never, ever be able to meet.
Below are some FAQs on what to expect when shopping online with BookPeople for the rest of the year.
- To receive your order by the Christmas holiday, place orders for International shipping by Wednesday, November 17, 2021.
- To receive your order by the Christmas holiday, place orders for Domestic shipping by Friday, December 10, 2021.
- It may take us 7+ days to process your online order before it ships out. Please allow at least 5 days from placing your order before contacting us to inquire about it. The more inquiries we receive about the status of orders placed online, the more behind we get in fulfilling them.
- If you don’t hear from us within 5 days of placing your order, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your order ships from the bookstore, we cannot control how long it will take to get to you. The only thing we can do is provide you with a tracking number to track your package.
- Please check your inbox, promotions, and spam folders before contacting us.
Q: I placed my order a week ago but I have not heard anything back. What should I do?
A: We ask for your patience. Below are the different types of order statuses and what to expect from each for curbside and mail orders.
- On our Shelves Now: it may still take 5-7 days to process. We process orders in the order in which they are received. Once your order is processed, we will email you with further information.
- Out of Stock; Usually Arrives in 10-15 Days: we are placing a special order for this item and it will take 10-15 days to arrive at your home, or to the bookstore. We will email you with additional details within 3-5 days of your order placement date.
- Not available to order: that product will be cancelled from your order and you will be sent an email notification.
- Backordered; we will contact you once it’s available: Due to printing and shipping delays, these products have unpredictable due dates. Please do not email us, we will email you once the product is available.
Q: I placed my online and/or special order after Friday, December 10th. Any chance it will arrive by Christmas?
A: Our booksellers are working as hard and fast as possible to fulfill your order, while also maintaining all safety protocols and assisting customers shopping in the bookstore. We will try our best to fulfill your order before 12/25 but if that does not work out, we suggest you email your recipient letting them know to expect something very special from your favorite indie bookstore in the mail! We have designed the following images you can download and send along with your personalized message.
(Click an image to download)
Q: The book(s) I really want to buy shows Not in Stock or Not Available to order. What should I do?
A: If we don't have the specific book or gift you want, let a bookseller know and we will happily recommend an amazing alternative for you. Sadly some wonderful new books are already out of stock and won't be in again before Christmas.
- For BookKids alternative recommendations, email our BookKids Hotline at email@example.com.
- For Adult alternative recommendations, email Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Gift recommendations, email our Gifts Hotline at email@example.com.
Q: I want to support BookPeople in my gift-giving during this challenging time. What’s the best way to do that?
A: Excellent question with a lot of answers!
- Buy an E-Gift Code! A timeless gift, for yourself or another reader, for any occasion and that never expires. Place orders for online-only E-Gift Codes by Thursday, December 23 to have it sent to the recipient by 12/25.
- Give the gift of a Book Subscription: the gift that keeps on giving! We’ve created thoughtful subscription packages and mystery boxes we think make special, memorable gifts for readers of all ages.
- Give the gift of a Pre-Order! Order a forthcoming book by your favorite author now, to be delivered once it’s published. If it’s a gift, download one of the images below to send with your personal message to the recipient to let them know a great book is in their future!
(Click an image to download)
We THANK YOU for your ongoing support and we sincerely appreciate your patience!