603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 | The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
Another Man's Moccasins: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the A Longmire Mystery series.
- #1: The Cold Dish: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $16.00
- #2: Death Without Company: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Kindness Goes Unpunished: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: The Dark Horse: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $16.00
- #6: Junkyard Dogs: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $16.00
- #7: Hell Is Empty: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #8: As the Crow Flies: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $16.00
- #9: A Serpent's Tooth: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $16.00
- #10: Any Other Name: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $16.00
- #11: Dry Bones: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #12: An Obvious Fact: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $16.00
- #13: The Western Star: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #14: Depth of Winter: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #15: Land of Wolves: A Longmire Mystery (Hardcover): $28.00
- #16: Next to Last Stand: A Longmire Mystery (Hardcover): $28.00
A murder victim might connect to Walt’s past in the fourth Longmire novel from the New York Times bestselling author of Land of Wolves
When the body of a young Vietnamese woman is discovered alongside the interstate in Wyoming's Absaroka County, Sheriff Walt Longmire finds only one suspect, Virgil White Buffalo, a Crow with a troubling past. In what begins as an open-and-shut case, Longmire gets a lot more than he bargained for when a photograph in the young woman's purse connects her to an investigation that Longmire tackled forty years ago as a young Marine investigator in Vietnam.
In the fourth book in Craig Johnson's award-winning Walt Longmire series, the though yet tender sheriff is up to his star in a pair of murders connected by blood, yet separated by forty haunted years.
About the Author
Craig Johnson is the New York Times bestselling author of the Longmire mysteries, the basis for the hit Netflix original series Longmire. He is the recipient of the Western Writers of America Spur Award for fiction, the Mountains and Plains Booksellers Award for fiction, the Nouvel Observateur Prix du Roman Noir, and the Prix SNCF du Polar. His novella Spirit of Steamboat was the first One Book Wyoming selection. He lives in Ucross, Wyoming, population twenty-five.
"Stellar . . . Full of crackling dialogue, this absorbing tale demonstrates that Longmire is still the sheriff in town."—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
"An insightful look at various forms of racism, human trafficking, and confronting your own prejudices."—Detroit Free Press
Praise for Craig Johnson and the Longmire Series
“It’s the scenery—and the big guy standing in front of the scenery—that keeps us coming back to Craig Johnson’s lean and leathery mysteries.” —The New York Times Book Review
“Sometimes funny, sometimes touching, and always entertaining, Wait for Signs is a complete delight.” —ShelfAwareness
“Like the greatest crime novelists, Johnson is a student of human nature. Walt Longmire is strong but fallible, a man whose devil-may-care stoicism masks a heightened sensitivity to the horrors he’s witnessed.” —Los Angeles Times
“Johnson's hero only gets better—both at solving cases and at hooking readers—with age.” —Publishers Weekly
“Johnson’s trademarks [are] great characters, witty banter, serious sleuthing, and a love of Wyoming bigger than a stack of derelict cars.” —The Boston Globe
“Johnson’s pacing is tight and his dialogue snaps.” —Entertainment Weekly
“Stepping into Walt’s world is like slipping on a favorite pair of slippers, and it’s where those slippers lead that provides a thrill. Johnson pens a series that should become a ‘must’ read, so curl up, get comfortable, and enjoy the ride.”—The Denver Post