Backordered. Place an order and we will let you know when to expect your book.
"Literature and the Writing Process "combines the best elements of a literature anthology with those of a handbook to guide students through the interrelated process of analytical reading and critical writing. Text writing assignments use literature as a tool of critical thought, a method for analysis, and a way of communicating ideas. This approach emphasizes writing as the focus of the book with literature as the means to write effectively. A three part organization combines a literary anthology with composition instruction and a style handbook so students have everything they need at their fingertips. Some of the new features include:
- New Humor and Satire Portfolios now appear in every genre chapter, offering engaging new readings to encourage student interest.
- Expanded argument writing coverage (Ch. 3) offers more support for improving writing skills.
- New readings reflect a wide diversity of classic and contemporary voices, including Margaret Atwood, Chinua Achebe, David Sedaris, Billy Collins, and Robert Frost.
- Updated MLA coverage reflects the most current guidelines from the Modern Language Association.
- A refreshed drama section includes two remarkable plays: "Picnic on the Battlefield," by Fernando Arrabal, and "Beauty," by Jane Martin and "A Raisin in the Sun," by Lorraine Hansberry has been brought back to this edition by popular demand.