603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 10PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
The Forsaken (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Quinn Colson Novel series.
- #1: The Ranger (A Quinn Colson Novel #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: The Lost Ones (A Quinn Colson Novel #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: The Broken Places (A Quinn Colson Novel #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: The Redeemers (A Quinn Colson Novel #5) (Paperback): $16.00
- #6: The Innocents (A Quinn Colson Novel #6) (Paperback): $16.00
- #7: The Fallen (A Quinn Colson Novel #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Sinners (A Quinn Colson Novel #8) (Hardcover): $27.00
- #9: The Shameless (A Quinn Colson Novel #9) (Hardcover): $27.00
- #10: The Revelators (A Quinn Colson Novel #10) (Hardcover): $27.00
Few capture the modern south as accuarately and entertaining as Ace Atkins.
The extraordinary new novel in "New York Times"-bestselling author Ace Atkins' acclaimed series about the real Deep South a joy ride into the heart of darkness ("The Washington Post").
Thirty-six years ago, a nameless black man wandered into Jericho, Mississippi, with nothing but the clothes on his back and a pair of paratrooper boots. Less than two days later, he was accused of rape and murder, hunted down by a self-appointed posse, and lynched.
Now evidence has surfaced of his innocence, and county sheriff Quinn Colson sets out not only to identify the stranger's remains, but to charge those responsible for the lynching. As he starts to uncover old lies and dirty secrets, though, he runs up against fierce opposition from those with the most to lose and they can play dirty themselves.
Soon Colson will find himself accused of terrible crimes, and the worst part is, the accusations just might stick. As the two investigations come to a head, it is anybody's guess who will prevail or even come out of it alive.
About the Author
Ace Atkins is the author of fifteen books, including three Quinn Colson novels, the first two of which The Ranger and The Lost Ones were both nominated for the Edgar Award for Best Novel. He is also the author of three New York Times-bestselling novels in the continuation of Robert B. Parker s Spenser series. He lives in Oxford, Mississippi."
Praise for The Broken Places
“The Broken Places again shows what a powerful storyteller Atkins is. His affinity for solid plotting shines and his characters are so believable that you expect to run into them at the local diner.” —Sun-Sentinel (South Florida)
“Ace Atkins’ killing honesty sets a new standard for Southern crime novels.” —The New York Times Book Review