603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 10PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
Books On Our Site May Not Be Available In-Store
Is This Book In Stock? Be Savvy! Check availability details beneath the blue "Add to Cart" button.
The Baker's Appendix: The Essential Kitchen Companion, with Deliciously Dependable, Infinitely Adaptable Recipes (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now
The ultimate quick, yet thorough, reference for bakers, with every metric conversion and ingredient substitution you could want, plus 18 recipes for basic, fail-proof cakes, frostings, and cookies—with variations that combine to make dozens of desserts.
Bakers will wonder how they ever lived without this indispensable resource, featuring:
• Cups-to-grams conversions for ingredients
• Basic recipes for cakes, quick breads, cookies, frostings, and more, with dozens of variations
• Ingredient substitutions
• DIY extracts, natural food colorings, sprinkles, and more
• Decorating tips for cakes and cookies
• Conversions for oven temperatures
• Adjustments for baking at high altitudes
• Volume charts for baking pans of all sizes
About the Author
JESSICA REEDis a writer, a baker, an artist, and a historian. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband and their daughter.