Out of Stock; Usually Arrives in 7-10 Days
"Since the death of their mother six years ago, Carter and Sadie Kane have led very different lives, only seeing each other twice a year. Despite their differences, however, the two siblings must work together to fight gods and monsters straight out of Egyptian mythology. The fate of their father- and the entire North American continent- depend on it."
The bestselling author of Percy Jackson and the Olympians takes on ancient Egypt in the first book of a trilogy that offers a modern-day portal into a rich fantastical world of ancient myth.
“Fans of the Riordan magic--equal parts danger, myth, and irreverence--will embrace this new series with open arms.”—The Horn Book
- #1 New York Times best-seller
- Rick Riordan, a master at making mythology fun and relevant, takes on ancient Egypt
- Told in two points of view, one male and one female
- Combines witty, relatable heroes, gods and monsters, prophecies and curses, and non-stop action
- Ideal for middle grade readers, but older readers will enjoy it, too
- Soon to be adapted into a movie for Netflix, with Rick attached as producer
Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.
One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a “research experiment” at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.
Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set–has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe -- a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.