Out of Stock; Usually Arrives in 7-10 Days
In Book 2 of the Kane Chronicles, Carter and Sadie Kane face growing opposition from the House of Life, and the stage is set for the final battle, to take place in Book 3.
“Fans of the Riordan magic--equal parts danger, myth, and irreverence--will embrace this new series with open arms.”—The Horn Book
- #1 New York Times best-seller
- Rick Riordan, a master at making mythology fun and relevant, takes on ancient Egypt
- Told in two points of view, one male and one female
- Combines witty, relatable heroes, gods and monsters, prophecies and curses, and non-stop action
- Ideal for middle grade readers, but older readers will enjoy it, too
- Soon to be adapted into a movie for Netflix, with Rick attached as producer
Ever since the gods of ancient Egypt were unleashed in the modern world, Carter Kane and his sister, Sadie, have been in trouble.
As descendants of the House of Life, the Kanes have some powers at their command; but the devious gods haven't given them time to master their skills at Brooklyn House, a training ground for young magicians.
And now their most threatening enemy yet--the Chaos snake, Apophis--is rising. If they don't prevent him from breaking free in a few days' time, the world will end. In other words, it's a typical week for the Kane family.
To have any chance of battling the forces of Chaos, the Kanes must revive the sun god, Ra. But that would be a feat more difficult than any magician has ever accomplished. First they have to search the world for the Book of Ra, then they have to learn how to chant its spells. Oh, and did we mention that no one knows where Ra is, exactly?
Narrated by two different wisecracking voices, featuring a large cast of new and unforgettable characters, and with adventures spanning the globe, this second installment of the Kane Chronicles is nothing short of a thrill ride.