The Disney Princess is a one-of-a-kind celebration of the timeless Disney characters who have enchanted audiences for generations.
This landmark book serves as the definitive visual history of the Disney princess from 1937 to today.
Fans and collectors have the chance to get an inside look at how each of the princesses came to be, with behind-the-scenes stories and stunning art from the legendary Disney archive.
From Snow White to Moana, The Disney Princess explores how the personality, style, and spirit of each princess developed and evolved. It features insights from directors and artists, and even photos of the live-action actors and models who inspired the animators.
• Eye-catching hardcover with pink cloth, ribbon marker, and silver glitter page edges
• Features over 200 colorful illustrations, photos, and graphics
• Filled with never-before-seen concept art from the archive
The Disney Princess spectacularly captures the enduring magic and legacy of the iconic Disney princess.
• Features chapters on Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, and Moana
• Perfect gift for Disney fans and must-have for collectors of all things Disney, especially nostalgic memorabilia
• Perfect for those who loved The Art of the Disney Princess by Disney Book Group, Disney Princess: A Magical Pop-Up World by Matthew Reinhardt, The Art and Flair of Mary Blair by John Canemaker, and the Disney Animated Classics series
©2020 Disney Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About the Author
Charles Solomon is a lecturer in animation at the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television, and an internationally respected animation critic and historian.
Holiday Gift Guide selection
"This lavish, gilt-edged book recounts the creation of every Disney princess from Snow White to Moana, in words and amazing art: full-color studies, reference photos, character sketches, storyboards and stills from the completed films." --San Antonio Express-News
"The Disney Princess
is a must-have for Disney princess fans, historians and those interested in the multifaceted "how" and "why" behind Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida and Moana...Solomon's thorough and well-researched commentary is a breath of fresh air, making this read less textbook-y and more leisurely. Beautifully packaged with ribbon markers, dual finish and impressive holographic edges, The Disney Princess is the ultimate dreamy, definitive Disney princess book" -- The Laughing Place
"Outside of the silver glitter page edges that certainly evoke the feminine world of the princess, this book by Charles Solomon chronicles the Disney princess from 1937 to today - from Snow White to Moana - and is a fantastic history on the fairy tales behind the characters. It also includes beautiful, never-before-seen concept art of how the characters were originally envisioned and how they ended up, plus a history lesson on their development. It's great for anyone who wants to teach their kids about princesses, but also emphasize the depth of animation artistry as well." --IndieWire