603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 | The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
The Wrath of Angels: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Hardcover)
Not available to order
Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the Charlie Parker series.
- #1: Every Dead Thing: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #2: Dark Hollow: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Mass Market):
- #3: The Killing Kind: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $26.99
- #4: The White Road: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #5: The Black Angel: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $35.99
- #6: The Unquiet: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #7: The Reapers: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #7) (Abridged / CD-Audio): $14.99
- #8: The Lovers: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #9: The Whisperers: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #10: The Burning Soul: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $17.00
- #12: The Wolf in Winter: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #13: A Song of Shadows: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $17.00
- #14: A Time of Torment: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #15: A Game of Ghosts: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #15) (Paperback): $18.00
- #16: The Woman in the Woods: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #16) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #17: A Book of Bones: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #17) (Hardcover): $28.99
- #18: The Dirty South: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #18) (Hardcover): $28.00
In the depths of the Maine woods, the wreckage of a plane is discovered. There are no bodies, and no such plane has ever been reported missing, but men both good and evil have been seeking it for a long, long time.
What the wreckage conceals is more important than money. It is power: a list of names, a record of those who have struck a deal with the devil. Now a battle is about to commence between those who want the list to remain secret and those for whom it represents a crucial weapon in the struggle against the forces of darkness.
The race to secure the prize draws in private detective Charlie Parker, a man who knows more than most about the nature of the terrible evil that seeks to impose itself on the world, and who fears that his own name may be on the list. It lures others, too: a beautiful, scarred woman with a taste for killing; a silent child who remembers his own death; and a serial killer known as the Collector, who sees in the list new lambs for his slaughter. But as the rival forces descend upon this northern state, the woods prepare to meet them, for the forest depths hide other secrets.
Someone has survived the crash. Something has survived the crash.
And it is waiting. . . .
About the Author
John Connolly is the author of the Charlie Parker series of mystery novels, the supernatural collection Nocturnes, the Samuel Johnson Trilogy for younger readers, and (with Jennifer Ridyard) the Chronicles of the Invaders series. He lives in Dublin, Ireland. For more information, see his website at JohnConnollyBooks.com, or follow him on Twitter @JConnollyBooks.
“Strongly recommended for plot, characterization, authenticity . . . horror . . . and humanity.”
— Library Journal (starred review)
“A great read.”
“Memorable . . . it takes readers on a path they truly won’t believe, offering diehard evil from the first to the last page . . . Connolly has once again delivered an all-out thrill ride!”
— Suspense Magazine
“Connolly leaves us wanting more.”
— Florida Times-Union
“I believe that I have already read what is sure to be one of the best books to be published this year: THE WRATH OF ANGELS . . . Read this with the lights on and the doors locked.”
“A great, epic time spent with friends and enemies.”
— Mystery People
“Connolly’s superb fusion of noir and the supernatural is to be savored, and not to be missed.”
— My Bookish Ways
“It kept me captivated throughout and wowed me with all its revelations . . . The Wrath of Angels marks itself as a high point of the Charlie Parker series.”
— Fantasy Book Critic