A Game of Ghosts: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Hardcover)
Email or call for price
Hard to Find
Other Books in Series
This is book number 15 in the Charlie Parker series.
- #1: Every Dead Thing: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #2: Dark Hollow: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #3: The Killing Kind: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $26.99
- #4: The White Road: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #5: The Black Angel: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $35.99
- #6: The Unquiet: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #7: The Reapers: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #8: The Lovers: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: The Whisperers: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #10: The Burning Soul: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $17.00
- #11: The Wrath of Angels: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $17.00
- #12: The Wolf in Winter: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #13: A Song of Shadows: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $17.00
- #14: A Time of Torment: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #16: The Woman in the Woods: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #16) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #17: A Book of Bones: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #17) (Hardcover): $28.99
- #18: The Dirty South: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #18) (Hardcover): $28.00
“An epic supernatural suspense that will forever reset your standards for summer thrillers. From secret realms and horrific homicides to hauntings and criminal empires, there isn’t a single dull sentence found in the pages of A Game of Ghosts—and you’ll love it.” —Redbook: 10 Books You Have to Read This Summer
Books Every Dad Will Love This Father’s Day—PopSugar
Internationally bestselling author John Connolly returns with another “superb fusion of noir and the supernatural” (My Bookish Ways) in this latest thriller in his gripping Charlie Parker series.
It is deep winter and the darkness is unending. A private detective named Jaycob Eklund has vanished and Charlie Parker is assigned to track him down. Parker’s employer, Edgar Ross, an agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, has his own reasons for wanting Eklund found. Eklund is no ordinary investigator—he is obsessively tracking a series of homicides and disappearances, each linked to reports of hauntings. Now Parker is drawn into Eklund’s world: a realm in which the monstrous Mother rules a crumbling criminal empire, in which men strike bargains with angels, and in which the innocent and guilty alike are pawns in a game of ghosts...
About the Author
John Connolly is the author of the Charlie Parker series of thrillers, the supernatural collection Nocturnes, the Samuel Johnson Trilogy for younger readers, and (with Jennifer Ridyard) the Chronicles of the Invaders series. He lives in Dublin, Ireland. For more information, see his website at JohnConnollyBooks.com, or follow him on Twitter @JConnollyBooks.
"Connolly creates complicated plots that never unravel. He's just that good."
— Kirkus Reviews
— Publishers Weekly
"Leave it to No. 1 internationally bestselling author John Connolly to deliver a flawless and highly suspenseful cocktail of FBI investigations, mysterious disappearances, and a dark ghost-ridden empire."
"The beauty of John Connolly's Charlie Parker novels is how the characters continue to evolve."
— The Jacksonville Times
"A blend of the supernatural and noir mystery, John Connolly's Charlie Parker series is spooky, creepy, and believe it or not, rib-tickling humorous. One can be scared to death while laughing out loud. Connolly is a creative genius who has few equals in either horror fiction or the mystery genre."
— New York Journal of Books
"Once again Connolly proves he is a master of the macabre in this riveting novel."
— RT Book Reviews
"Might be John Connolly's creepiest paranormal thriller yet."
— Fort Worth Star Telegram
"You really won't be able to read it quickly enough."
"Well paced, suspenseful, frequently funny and often genuinely surprising . . . perfect for readers who don't mind a hint of supernatural chill at the beach."
— Portland Press Herald
"Readers who love mysteries with a paranormal twist, look no further."
— Bookish: Hottest Releases
"A dark and twisty tale . . . . A GAME OF GHOSTS will leave your imagination teased and craving more of Connolly's addictively spooky storytelling."
— JordanDamico.Com, "20 Essential Beach Reads to Get You Through the Summer"
"Eerie and thrilling . . . Nobody mixes crime and paranormal activities better than Connolly."
— The Real Book Spy
"Spine-chilling and gripping."
— Criminal Element
"Connolly delivers another ace with GAME OF GHOSTS."
— Florida Times-Union
“There are a few authors whose novels are my own personal equivalent to comfort food. Stephen King is one; John Connolly is another.”
— Michael Patrick Hicks Reviews
"The Charlie Parker series is my favorite series of all time. In any genre. Perhaps because it doesn't fit neatly into any one genre. It's gritty crime novels with supernatural elements and a mystery that spans across the entire series."
— Cynthia's On Pens and Needles
"Ready for a terrifying book that makes you jump every time you turn the page? Look no further."
— Buzzfeed, "Five Page-Turning Summer Thrillers"
"Brilliantly conceived and flawlessly executed . . . . Highly recommended to those that love excellent novels of suspense."
— Seattle Book Mama