Out of Stock; Usually Arrives in 7-10 Days
- In-depth coverage of San Diego as well as the towns in North County: Del Mar, Carlsbad, Oceanside, Encinitas, Solana Beach, and more. Editor's Choice: New craft beer and distillery coverage
- There's been a hotel boom in recent years, with several new properties opening in downtown San Diego in the last 2-3 years, and more on the way. In 2021, two major museums reopen after big renovations (The Museum of Contemporary Art and the Timken Museum).
- The Shell --the first permanent waterfront concert venue on the West Coast--opens in 2021 and will be home to the San Diego Symphony Sesame Place San Diego, only the second Sesame Place in the United States, will open in Spring 2021 LEGOLAND California Resort announced the largest addition in the park's history: The LEGO(R) Movie(TM) World, opening in spring 2020.
- There were 4,436 out of state and international visitors to Carlsbad in 2019. This number is calculated from the visitors who physically entered the visitor center while in the destination. Top domestic visitors arrived from Arizona, Washington, Colorado, Nevada, and Illinois, while the top international visitors arrived from Canada, Germany, UK, and Australia.
- The Del Mar racetrack's summer racing season (July - Labor Day) will run for its 82nd season.
- New front cover has eye-catching full-bleed images with key selling points on the front
- New back cover is fully-redesigned
- "Best of" Lists will visually engage the reader and provide an overview of the entire destination (best things to eat, see, do, drink, as well as what to read and watch before going)
- Visually focused with more color and images including more full and half-page images throughout and color-coded category icons
- Other useful features including Great Itineraries, Walking Tours, Calendar of Events, Best Beaches, What to Eat and Drink, and Best Craft Beers
- "Travel Smart" (logistical planning tips section) now at the front of the book and redesigned to be more infographic in feel
- Stronger Voice and Opinions give all Fodor's guides more personality. Books are more friendly and conversational in tone, going beyond informational to being inspirational
CURATED AND RELEVANT:
- Focused coverage on only the best places so travelers can make the most out of their limited time.
- Carefully vetted recommendations for all types of establishments and price points.
- Shortened reviews presented with brevity and focus.
Please see additional key selling points in the book main description