The Rough Guide to Australia
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Australia with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to explore the giant dunes and freshwater lakes of Fraser Island, marvel at the beauty of Sydney Harbour or surf Australia's world-famous waves, The Rough Guide to Australia will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Australia:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Australia
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Sydney, Queensland and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the stunning landscapes of the Kimberley and desolate beauty of the sacred Uluru (aka Ayers Rock)
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Melbourne, Bondi Beach and Victoria's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Australia, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Sydney and around; New South Wales and the ACT; Coastal Queensland; Outback Queensland; Northern Territory; Western Australia; South Australia; Melbourne and around; Victoria; Tasmania
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to New Zealand, The Rough Guide to Fiji, The Rough Guide to Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.