Backordered. Place an order and we will let you know when to expect your book.
SummarySharePoint 2010 Site Owner's Manual
teaches you what SharePoint 2010 is all about and how to get started using it. The book also includes step-by-step scenarios for implementing real-world scenarios. You will learn how to build powerful sites leveraging SharePoint's out-of-the-box functionality along with other helpful tools such as InfoPath, Access, and SharePoint Designer.About this Book
This book is a guide for business users without programming skills who want to build their own SharePoint sites. With it, you'll learn how to set up document sharing, trackable workflows, and many other business applications. You'll go step-by-step through real-world scenarios like content management, business intelligence, sharing information on the web, and search. Along the way, you'll learn how to interact with other business tools like Access, InfoPath, and SharePoint Designer.
This book is designed for SharePoint users who want to become tech-savvy in configuring SharePoint's out-of-the-box functionality. No programming or system administration experience is required.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book. What's Inside
- Go from user to power user
- Build on out-of-the-box features
- Customize your SharePoint site
============================================Table of Contents
PART 1 GETTING STARTED WITH SHAREPOINT
- Leveraging the power of SharePoint
- A deeper dive into SharePoint capabilities
- Creating sites using site and list templatesPART 2 IMPLEMENTATIONS USING REAL-WORLD SCENARIOS
- Setting up a document collaboration site
- Leveraging enterprise content management features
- Publishing information to the web
- Empowering users with business intelligence
- Creating application sites with SharePoint Designer
- Collecting and managing data by integrating with InfoPath
- Reporting and web applications using Access
- Pulling it all together with search, My Sites, and cross-site functionality