BookPeople is now open to the public from 11am - 7pm, seven days a week!
To help mitigate the spread of Covid 19 in our community, listed below are the required guidelines while shopping at BookPeople, and what BookPeople is committing to do to ensure the highest level of safety in the bookstore.
Guidelines for Guests:
- All guests age 3+ will be required to wear a face mask that covers their nose and mouth to enter BookPeople. Those 2 years old and younger may enter without a mask—but only in a stroller or in a caregiver’s arms. (3+ w/masks)
- Limit large family groups by sending one shopper per household, when possible.
- Although our shelves are open, BookPeople public bathrooms are closed at this time.
- There is no public seating available in the bookstore at this time.
- Due to limited in-store capacity, out of respect for your fellow shoppers, please limit browsing to 30 minutes.
- Please physically distance yourself from other readers in line, at our information desk, and in the stacks.
- Are are not accepting cash or checks.
- If guests bring their own reusable bag, they will be responsible for bagging their own items.
- No dogs (except service animals) permitted in the store.
- Guests must check in with our greeter and sanitize hands when entering the store. If the store is at capacity, you'll be asked to join the socially distanced line outside, to the north side of BookPeople.
- While we will not be gift-wrapping, we are happy to provide you with gift wrap paper. Just ask your cashier!
- Parents, please keep your children with you at all times to prevent them from touching surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at our entrance and throughout the store. Please use hand sanitizer before browsing books and gifts.
- All cafe orders will be for curbside pickup or to go only.
- Elevator use is for one family or individual at a time.
- All transactions at BookPeople are currently cashless and returns are no exception. A book purchased with cash before the shutdown can only be returned for store credit or exchanged at this time.
By entering the store, guests warrant that they have no symptoms that could be attributed to COVID-19.
How We are Keeping Everyone Safe at BookPeople:
- Hand sanitizer is available when guests enter, check out, around the bookstore and exit.
- Hand sanitizer at all employee workstations.
- Countertop protective shields are in place at checkout and information desks.
- High touch surfaces are regularly cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Signage all around the bookstore reminding everyone to wear face masks and maintain social distance.
- All seating has been removed from the sales floor.
- Shopping baskets are sanitized after each customer.
For those who prefer contactless book buying, we will continue curbside pickup and mail-out services!
We sincerely appreciate your continued support!