603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 10PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
ADMIRAL WILLIAM MCRAVEN @ CPC-Sea Stories
Wednesday, May 29 at 7PM
ADMIRAL WILLIAM MCRAVEN
speaking and signing
at Central Presbyterian Church
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS
- Tickets are are only available through Eventbrite: Purchase tickets now: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bookpeople-presents-admiral-william-mcraven-tickets-58737124320
- This event takes place at Central Presbyterian Church at 200 E. 8th St, Austin, TX 7870
- Pre-ordered books will be given to ticket holders the day of the event. They are not available for pick-up at BookPeople prior to the event.
- A ticket+book admits one person to the event, and includes a copy of Sea Stories. A book + 2 tickets admits 2 people to the event and includes 1 copy of Sea Stories.
- Books are pre-signed. There will be no signing at the event.
- Doors open at 6PM. Seating is general admission; first come, first served..
Please note: If you purchase a ticket and cannot attend the event, we will hold a copy of Sea Stories for you at BookPeople for 30 days after the date of the event. You may not pick up the book in advance of the event.
ABOUT SEA STORIES
Admiral William H. McRaven is a part of American military history, having been involved in some of the most famous missions in recent memory, including the capture of Saddam Hussein, the rescue of Captain Richard Phillips, and the raid to kill Osama bin Laden.
Sea Stories begins in 1963 at a French Officer's Club in France, where Allied officers and their wives gathered to have drinks and tell stories about their adventures during World War II—the place where a young Bill McRaven learned the value of a good story. Sea Stories is an unforgettable look back on one man's incredible life, from childhood days sneaking into high-security nuclear sites to a day job of hunting terrorists and rescuing hostages.
Action-packed, humorous, and full of valuable life lessons like those exemplified in McRaven's bestselling book, Make Your Bed, Sea Stories is a remarkable memoir from one of America's most accomplished leaders.
ABOUT ADMIRAL WILLIAM MCRAVEN
Admiral William H. McRaven (U.S. Navy Retired) is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling book, Make Your Bed. In his 37 years as a Navy SEAL, he commanded at every level. As a Four-Star Admiral, his final assignment was as Commander of all U.S. Special Operations Forces. He lives in Austin, Texas.
To get a book signed at one of our events, a copy of the event book must be purchased from BookPeople. By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting Admiral William McRaven and your local independent bookstore!