603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 10PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
BRIAN CATLING-The Cloven @APL
Wednesday, July 18 at 7PM
speaking & signing
At the Austin Central Public Library
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- The speaking portion of this event is free & open to the public.
- If you buy a copy of THE CLOVEN at BookPeople before the event or at the library on the day of the event, you will recieve a signing line ticket, which will grant you priority access in the signing line after the program.
- Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of The Cloven from BookPeople.
- All attendees will be granted access to the signing line. Attendees who bring books from home may join the line after ticketholders.
- Books & tickets are now available to pre-order. Purchasing a book online automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing. There is no separate "ticket" item to add to your cart.
- Tickets are lettered. The line for the signing will form according to ticket letter after the author speaks.
- Keep checking this page for further guidelines as the event date approaches.
ABOUT THE CLOVEN
The epic climax to B. Catling's beloved Vorrh Trilogy. A Vintage Books Original.
In the stunning conclusion to this endlessly imaginative saga, the young Afrikaner socialite Cyrena Lohr is mourning the death of her lover, the cyclops Ishmael, when she rekindles a relationship with famed naturalist Eugène Marais. Before departing down his own dark path, Marais presents her with a gift: an object of great power that grants her visions of a new world. Meanwhile, the threat of Germany’s Blitz looms over London, and only Nicholas the Erstwhile senses the danger to come. Will he be able to save the man who saved him? And as Nazi forces descend upon Africa, will the Vorrh finally succeed in enacting its revenge against those who have invaded and defiled it? The Clovenis a book of battles and betrayals, in which Catling's incredible creations all fulfill their destinies and lead us to an epic conflagration with the fate of mankind hanging in the balance.
ABOUT BRIAN CATLING
B. Catling is a poet, sculptor, painter, and performance artist. In 2015 he won the Cholmondeley Award from the Society of Authors. He is Emeritus Professor of Fine Art at the Ruskin School of Art, University of Oxford, and Fellow of Linacre College, Oxford.
If you cannot attend the event and would like to order a signed copy of the book, add the book to your cart and put SIGNED COPY in the comments field at checkout. We ship all over the world!