Please welcome Cassandra Clare to celebrate Chain of Thorns!
This event is ticketed. A ticket includes a presigned copy of CHAIN OF THORNS, 1 exclusive CHAIN OF THORNS tour tote bag, and 1 pack of CHAIN OF THORNS character cards. You may request a personalization of your signed copy during check-out. Presigned backlist titles will be available for sale at the event.
- Check-in begins at 6:00 P.M.
- Start time: 7:00 P.M.
- Run time: 45-60 minutes of discussion and audience Q&A. There will not be a public book signing at this event.
- Deluxe Swag: In addition to the tote bag and character card packs that come with the event ticket, some additional individual swag items will be raffled off during the event.
- Location: First Baptist Church, 901 Trinity St. Austin, TX 78701
The author will not be signing after the speaking portion of the event. All books will be presigned.
If you buy a ticket and are unable to attend:
- We will hold your book at BookPeople for 30 days after the event. If you are unable to pick you book up and would like it shipped, please contact us at email@example.com to pay the $5 shipping fee. Domestic shipping only.
- Seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There will not be a live stream or recording available.
- Book personalizations will be name only. Tickets with personalizon requests must be purchased no later than 8am CDT on February 2, 2023 to guarantee personalization.
- BookPeople reserves the right to cancel or postpone this event if necessary.
- If you have any other questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the book:
James and Cordelia must save London—and their marriage—in this thrilling and highly anticipated conclusion to the Last Hours series from the #1 New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Cassandra Clare. Chain of Thorns is a Shadowhunters novel.
Cordelia Carstairs has lost everything that matters to her. In only a few short weeks, she has seen her father murdered, her plans to become parabatai with her best friend, Lucie, destroyed, and her marriage to James Herondale crumble before her eyes. Even worse, she is now bound to an ancient demon, Lilith, stripping her of her power as a Shadowhunter.
After fleeing to Paris with Matthew Fairchild, Cordelia hopes to forget her sorrows in the city’s glittering nightlife. But reality intrudes when shocking news comes from home: Tatiana Blackthorn has escaped the Adamant Citadel, and London is under new threat by the Prince of Hell, Belial.
Cordelia returns to a London riven by chaos and dissent. The long-kept secret that Belial is James and Lucie’s grandfather has been revealed by an unexpected enemy, and the Herondales find themselves under suspicion of dealings with demons. Cordelia longs to protect James but is torn between a love for James she has long believed hopeless, and the possibility of a new life with Matthew. Nor can her friends help—ripped apart by their own secrets, they seem destined to face what is coming alone.
For time is short, and Belial’s plan is about to crash into the Shadowhunters of London like a deadly wave, one that will separate Cordelia, Lucie, and the Merry Thieves from help of any kind. Left alone in a shadowy London, they must face Belial’s deadly army. If Cordelia and her friends are going to save their city—and their families—they will have to muster their courage, swallow their pride, and trust one another again. For if they fail, they may lose everything—even their souls.
About the author:
Cassandra Clare is the author of the #1 New York Times, USA TODAY, Wall Street Journal, and Publishers Weekly bestselling Shadowhunter Chronicles. She is also the coauthor of the bestselling fantasy series Magisterium with Holly Black. The Shadowhunter Chronicles have been adapted as both a major motion picture and a television series. Her books have more than fifty million copies in print worldwide and have been translated into more than thirty-five languages. Cassandra lives in western Massachusetts with her husband and three fearsome cats. Visit her at CassandraClare.com. Learn more about the world of the Shadowhunters at Shadowhunters.com.
By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business – you’re showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting Cassandra Clare and your local independent bookstore!