603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 10PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
CASSANDRA CLARE & WESLEY CHU - The Red Scrolls of Magic
Tuesday, April 9th at 7 PM
CASSANDRA CLARE and WESLEY CHU
speaking and signing
Red Scrolls of Magic
at Central Presbyterian Church
in conversation with Katie from Mundie Moms
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS
TICKETS & GUIDELINES
- Tickets are only available via Eventbrite. Purchase now: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bookpeople-presents-cassandra-clare-wesley-chu-tickets-55780512013
- Refunds up to 7 days before the event.
- This event takes place at Central Presbyterian Church, located at 200 E 8th St. 78701
- Pre-ordered books will be given to ticket holders the day of the event. They are not available for pick-up at BookPeople prior to the event.
- A ticket+book admits one person to the event, and includes a copy of Red Scrolls of Magic.
- Seating is general admission; first come, first served.
- A signing will follow the speaking portion of the event. Cassandra and Wesley will personalize 1 copy of The Red Scrolls of Magic. Cassandra will sign one additional book (either an additional copy of Red Scrolls of Magic or a backlist title) per fan.
- No posed photos/no signed memoribilia will be allowed.
Please note: If you purchase a ticket and cannot attend the event, we will hold a copy of Red Scrolls of Magic for you at BookPeople for 30 days after the date of the event. You may not pick up the book in advance of the event.
ABOUT THE RED SCROLLS OF MAGIC
From #1 New York Times bestseller Cassandra Clare and award-winner Wesley Chu comes the first book in a new series that follows High Warlock Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood as they tour the world after the Mortal War. The Red Scrolls of Magic is a Shadowhunters novel.
All Magnus Bane wanted was a vacation—a lavish trip across Europe with Alec Lightwood, the Shadowhunter who against all odds is finally his boyfriend. But as soon as the pair settles in Paris, an old friend arrives with news about a demon-worshipping cult called the Crimson Hand that is bent on causing chaos around the world. A cult that was apparently founded by Magnus himself. Years ago. As a joke.
Now Magnus and Alec must race across Europe to track down the Crimson Hand and its elusive new leader before the cult can cause any more damage. As if it wasn’t bad enough that their romantic getaway has been sidetracked, demons are now dogging their every step, and it is becoming harder to tell friend from foe. As their quest for answers becomes increasingly dire, Magnus and Alec will have to trust each other more than ever—even if it means revealing the secrets they’ve both been keeping.
ABOUT CASSANDRA CLARE
Cassandra Clare is the #1 New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of Lady Midnight, Lord of Shadows, and Queen of Air and Darkness, as well as the internationally bestselling Mortal Instruments series and Infernal Devices trilogy. She is the coauthor of The Bane Chronicles with Sarah Rees Brennan and Maureen Johnson and Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy with Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson, and Robin Wasserman. Her books have more than 50 million copies in print worldwide and have been translated into more than thirty-five languages and made into a feature film and a TV show. Cassandra lives in western Massachusetts.
ABOUT WESLEY CHU
Wesley Chu was a finalist for the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer. His debut novel, The Lives of Tao, earned him a Young Adult Library Services Association Alex Award and a Science Fiction Goodreads Choice Award Top 10 slot.
To get a book signed at one of our events, a copy of the event book must be purchased from BookPeople. By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.