BookPeople welcomes Cate Berry and Anne Bustard to celebrate the releases of Thank you, Teacher! and FAR OUT!. The event will include an author discussion, a reading, an audience Q&A, and a signing line.
- This event is free and open to the public.
- Start time: 2:00 P.M.
- Run time: 45-60 minutes, followed by a signing line.
- Location: Second Floor of BookPeople.
- The authors will be signing copies of their books after the speaking portion of the event.
- To get a book signed, a copy of the event book or an item of equal value must be purchased from BookPeople.
- Seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There will not be a live stream or recording available.
- BookPeople reserves the right to cancel or postpone this event if necessary.
- If you have any other questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THANK YOU, TEACHER!:
A hilarious, rhyming ode to all the teachers of young children who go above and beyond. Perfect for Teacher Appreciation Week and kindergarten teacher gifts.
ABOUT FAR OUT!:
Hijinks, heart, and humor abound in this zany sci-fi inspired historical middle grade mystery set in 1960s Texas. Will Magnolia Jean and her friend Nick clear her grandmother’s good name? Will they crack the case? Will the space aliens come?
ABOUT CATE BERRY:
Cate Berry lives, writes and teaches in Austin, Texas. Her books include Penguin and Tiny Shrimp Don't Do Bedtime! (Balzer & Bray/Harper Collins), Chicken Break! A Counting Book (Feiwel & Friends/MacMillan), and Kobe Eats Pizza! co-authored with Ashley Wian. Thank You, Teacher! illustrated by Sara Varon (Balzer+Bray/Harper Collins) is her fourth book. Cate holds an MFA in Writing from Vermont College of Fine Arts and presents at schools, book festivals and conferences year-round.
ABOUT ANNE BUSTARD:
Anne is a former children’s bookseller, lecturer at UT, and full-time resident of Austin. She is an MFA graduate from the Vermont College of Fine Arts. Several years ago, Anne married her college sweetheart and now divides her time between Hamilton, Ontario, and Austin, Texas. She wrote her first mystery in seventh grade, for which she won a prize—a 45 RPM vinyl record by the Beatles. FAR OUT! is her third middle grade novel.
By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business – you’re showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting Cate Berry, Anne Bustard, and your local independent bookstore!