Thursday, February 28 at 7PM
speaking & signing
The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm
At Austin Central Public Library
Online sales for this event will end
at 3PM on February 28
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- The speaking portion of this event is free & open to the public.
- If you buy a copy of THE FORK, THE WITCH, AND THE WORM at BookPeople before the event or at the library on the day of the event, you will receive a signing line ticket, which will grant you priority access in the signing line after the program.
- Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm from BookPeople.
- All attendees will be granted access to the signing line. Attendees who bring books from home may join the line after ticket holders.
- Books & tickets are now available to order. Purchasing a book online automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing. There is no separate "ticket" item to add to your cart.
- Books ordered now will be available behind the registers at BookPeople or at the event.
- Tickets are lettered. The line for the signing will form according to ticket letter after the author speaks.
- Christopher will personalize copies of The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm and will do signature only on backlist titles.
- No posed photos allowed at the signing table.
- Keep checking this page for further guidelines as the event date approaches.
ABOUT THE FORK, THE WITCH, AND THE WORM
A wanderer and a cursed child. Spells and magic. And dragons, of course. Welcome back to the world of Alagaësia.
It’s been a year since Eragon departed Alagaësia in search of the perfect home to train a new generation of Dragon Riders. Now he is struggling with an endless sea of tasks: constructing a vast dragonhold, wrangling with suppliers, guarding dragon eggs, and dealing with belligerent Urgals and haughty elves. Then a vision from the Eldunarí, unexpected visitors, and an exciting Urgal legend offer a much-needed distraction and a new perspective.
This volume features three original stories set in Alagaësia, interspersed with scenes from Eragon’s own unfolding adventure. Included is an excerpt from the memoir of the unforgettable witch and fortune-teller Angela the herbalist…penned by Angela Paolini, the inspiration for the character, herself!
Relish the incomparable imagination of Christopher Paolini in this thrilling new collection of stories based in the world of the Inheritance Cycle. Includes four new pieces of original art by the author.
ABOUT CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI
Christopher Paolini was born in 1983 in Southern California. His abiding love of fantasy inspired him to write the Inheritance Cycle, which quickly became an internationally bestselling series. Christopher wrote the first draft of the introductory book in the series, Eragon, at age 15. Christopher draws inspiration for the world of Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, from the natural beauty that surrounds his home in Montana: the tumultuous weather, the roaring Yellowstone River, and the soaring Beartooth Mountains.
If you cannot attend the event and would like to order a signed copy of the book, add the book to your cart and put SIGNED COPY in the comments field at checkout. We ship all over the world!
Thank you for supporting CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI and your local independent bookstore!