BookPeople welcomes Cindi Sirois Collins and Asher Elbein to celebrate the release of Dinosaurs and Other Ancient Animals of Big Bend. The event will include a moderated discussion, a reading, an audience Q&A, and a signing line.
- This event is free and open to the public.
- Start time: 7:00 PM
- Run time: 45-60 minutes, followed by a signing line.
- Location: The Second Floor of BookPeople
- The author will be signing copies of their book after the speaking portion of the event.
- To get a book signed, a copy of the event book or an item of equal value must be purchased from BookPeople.
- Seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There will not be a live stream or recording available.
- BookPeople reserves the right to cancel or postpone this event if necessary.
- If you have any other questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT DINOSAURS AND OTHER ANCIENT ANIMALS OF BIG BEND:
A time-traveling field guide to the ancient version of Big Bend National Park.
The sheer beauty of Big Bend National Park, along the shores of the Rio Grande in west Texas, never fails to astonish. Yet what lies beneath this natural treasure may be even more extraordinary than what meets the eye. Hidden in the rocks of Big Bend are the remains of giants: toothy sea lizards, enormous flying reptiles, and dinosaurs.
Dinosaurs and Other Ancient Animals of Big Bend is a field guide to what once was. Inspired by the latest research, Cindi Sirois Collins and Asher Elbein imagine what it was like to walk among the plants and animals whose fossil remains tell the story of evolution and geological transformation in this singular landscape. We glimpse the drama of Big Bend's rugged landscape in creation—the desert's emergence from retreating oceans and volcanic eruptions. Immersive vignettes introduce dinosaurs, giant fish, and saber-toothed cats. And the history of discovery in the park proves a gripping tale, as paleontologists sifted major scientific insights from the soils, rocks, and riverbeds. Complete with vivid illustrations, this is a wholly original sensory and narrative experience that will deepen any reader's knowledge and sense of wonder.
ABOUT CINDI SIROIS COLLINS:
Cindi Sirois Collins is a retired Texas science teacher whose love of geology and Big Bend’s Fossil Discovery Exhibit led her to research the park’s paleontological past and inspired her passion for dinosaurs and other ancient animals.
ABOUT ASHER ELBEIN:
Asher Elbein is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, and Audubon magazine, among other publications.
By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business – you’re showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting Cindi Sirois Collins, Asher Elbein, and your local independent bookstore!