603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 | The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
ELAINE WELTEROTH @ CPC-More Than Enough
Thursday, June 27 at 7PM
More Than Enough
at Central Presbyterian Church
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS!
- Tickets are only available via Eventbrite. Purchase now: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bookpeople-presents-elaine-welteroth-tickets-59855824382
- This event takes place at Central Presbyterian Church at 200 E. 8th St, Austin, TX 7870
- Pre-ordered books will be given to ticket holders the day of the event. They are not available for pick-up at BookPeople prior to the event.
- A ticket+book option admits one person to the event, and includes a copy of More Than Enough. It is $26 plus taxes and fees. Or the 2 tickets + 1 book option admits two people to the event with one book and is $32 plus taxes and fees.
- Books will come pre-signed. There will be no live signing. There will be a photo line at the end of the event.
- Doors open at 6PM. Seating is general admission; first come, first served.
Please note: If you purchase a ticket and cannot attend the event, we will hold a copy of More Than Enough for you at BookPeople for 30 days after the date of the event. You may not pick up the book in advance of the event.
ABOUT MORE THAN ENOUGH
Throughout her life, Elaine Welteroth has climbed the ranks of media and fashion, shattering ceilings along the way. In this riveting and timely memoir, the groundbreaking journalist unpacks lessons on race, identity, and success through her own journey, from navigating her way as the unstoppable child of a unlikely interracial marriage in small-town California to finding herself on the frontlines of a modern movement for the next generation of change makers.
Welteroth moves beyond the headlines and highlight reels to share the profound lessons and struggles of being a barrier-breaker across so many intersections. As a young boss and the only black woman in the room, she’s had enough of the world telling her—and all women—they’re not enough. As she learns to rely on herself by looking both inward and upward, we’re ultimately reminded that we’re more than enough.
ABOUT ELAINE WELTEROTH
Elaine Welteroth is an award-winning journalist, New York Times bestselling author, and judge on the new Project Runway. She was most recently editor-in-chief of Teen Vogue where she in 2017 became the youngest person ever appointed editor-in-chief and in 2012 had been the first African American ever to hold the post of beauty and health director at a Condé Nast publication. Prior to Teen Vogue, she was the senior beauty editor at Glamour and the beauty and style editor at Ebony. She’s now a leading expert and advocate for the next generation of change-makers. She has written for the hit show Grown-ish and has appeared on-camera for a range of media outlets including ABC News and Netflix. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.
To get a book signed at one of our events, a copy of the event book must be purchased from BookPeople. By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
If you cannot attend the event and would like to order a signed copy of the book, add the book to your cart and put SIGNED COPY in the comments field at checkout. We ship all over the world!