Tuesday, May 7 at 7pm
speaking & signing
The Peached Tortilla
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- The speaking portion of this event is free & open to the public.
- Tickets are required to join the signing line.
- Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of The Peached Tortilla from BookPeople.
- Books & tickets are now available to pre-order. Purchasing a book online automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing. There is no separate "ticket" item to add to your cart.
- Tickets are lettered. The line for the signing will form according to ticket letter after the author speaks.
- Keep checking this page for further guidelines as the event date approaches.
ABOUT THE PEACHED TORTILLA
Eric Silverstein’s background in Asian food culture as a child in Japan, and, later, his immersion in Southern and Southwestern cuisine, informs his cooking at his restaurant, The Peached Tortilla, in Austin, Texas. The 100 flavor-packed recipes here include many of The Peached Tortilla’s most-beloved dishes, like the Banh Mi Taco, JapaJam Burger, and Bacon Jam Fries, which gained rabid fandom when Silverstein first served them out of his famed Austin-based food truck. Other crowd-pleasing favorites range from crispy Umami Fried Chicken and Korean Short Rib Pappardelle with Smoked Crème Fraîche to Asian Pear Miso Salad and Roasted Cauliflower with Nori Brown Butter. This is Asian fusion at its best, delivering soul-satisfying comfort food with a kick!
ABOUT ERIC SILVERSTEIN
Born in Tokyo, Eric Silverstein became immersed in Japanese food culture as a child. When his family moved to Atlanta, GA, he fell in love with Southern cooking. Silverstein eventually pursued a career in the food-truck industry, and has since been featured in TheNew York Times, People, Kiplinger's, Food & Wine, and Details, as well as on Live! With Kelly & Michael, Food Network, and The Cooking Channel. Silverstein opened his first brick-and-mortar restaurant, The Peached Tortilla, in Austin, TX, in 2014 (named by TheNew York Times as “One of the Five Places to Go in Austin”). In 2016, Silverstein opened Peached Social House, a one-of-a-kind event and catering space, and in 2018, he opened The Peached Tortilla’s first fast-casual restaurant in Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
To get a book signed at one of our events, a copy of the event book must be purchased from BookPeople. By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
If you cannot attend the event and would like to order a signed copy of the book, add the book to your cart and put SIGNED COPY in the comments field at checkout. We ship all over the world!