Event Registration & Guidelines
- Tickets are required to join this in-person event and are available exclusively through Eventbrite.
- Refunds are available up to 7 days before the event.
- Our event space will be operating at a limited capacity until further notice.
- Our check-in station will be located at the front of the store. We will scan your ticket’s barcode upon arrival.
- You will receive your copy of the book at the check-in station on the day of the event.
- Christopher will be personalizing books at the end of the event.
- The event will take place on the second floor of our store.
- Doors will open at 6:30 PM and the event will begin at 7:15 PM.
- Masks are required for this event and must be worn properly over the nose and mouth.
- Event will run for 45-60 minutes, including audience Q&A.
- We will have chairs available, but feel free to stand or move your chair around.
- The store will be closed at the time of the event and registers will only be open for purchase of the event book. If you need to browse, we suggest you come within our operating hours (10am-7PM).
- BookPeople reserves the right to cancel or postpone this event if covid protocols require it.
- There won’t be a live stream or recording available.
- If you have any other questions please email us at email@example.com
Repeat New York Times bestselling author Christopher Moore returns to the mean streets of San Francisco in this outrageous follow-up to his madcap novel Noir.
San Francisco, 1947. Bartender Sammy “Two Toes” Tiffin and the rest of the Cookie’s Coffee Irregulars—a ragtag bunch of working mugs last seen in Noir—are on the hustle: they’re trying to open a driving school; shanghai an abusive Swedish stevedore; get Mable, the local madam, and her girls to a Christmas party at the State Hospital without alerting the overzealous head of the S.F.P.D. vice squad; all while Sammy’s girlfriend, Stilton (a.k.a. the Cheese), and her “Wendy the Welder” gal pals are using their wartime shipbuilding skills on a secret project that might be attracting the attention of some government Men in Black. And, oh yeah, someone is murdering the city’s drag kings and club owner Jimmy Vasco is sure she’s next on the list and wants Sammy to find the killer.
Meanwhile, Eddie “Moo Shoes” Shu has been summoned by his Uncle Ho to help save his opium den from Squid Kid Tang, a vicious gangster who is determined to retrieve a priceless relic: an ancient statue of the powerful Rain Dragon that Ho stole from one of the fighting tongs forty years earlier. And if Eddie blows it, he just might call down the wrath of that powerful magical creature on all of Fog City.
Strap yourselves in for a bit of the old razzmatazz, ladies and gentlemen. It’s Christopher Moore time.
ABOUT CHRISTOPHER MOORE
CHRISTOPHER MOORE is the author of seventeen previous novels, including Shakespeare for Squirrels, Noir, Secondhand Souls, Sacré Bleu, Fool, and Lamb. He lives in San Francisco, California.
By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting Christopher Moore and your local independent bookstore!