Join BookPeople and Austin Public Library for a conversation with George M. Johnson and Patrice Caldwell in honor of the 2-year anniversary of All Boys Aren't Blue!
Event Registration & Guidelines
- Registration is required to join this in-person event and is available exclusively through Eventbrite.
- Our check-in station will be located at the front of the event. We will scan your registration barcode upon arrival.
- If you ordered a book, you will receive your copy of the book at the check-in station on the day of the event. George will be signing and personalizing books at the end of the event.
- BookPeople reserves the right to cancel or postpone this event if covid protocols require it.
- The event will take place at The Carver Branch of Austin Public Library.
- There won’t be a live stream or recording available.
- If you have any other questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About All Boys Aren't Blue
A New York Times Bestseller!
Optioned for television by Gabrielle Union
Good Morning America, NBC Nightly News, Today Show, and MSNBC feature stories
Velshi Banned Book Club
Amazon Best Book of the Year
Teen Vogue Recommended Read
Buzzfeed Recommended Read
People Magazine Best Book of the Summer
A New York Library Best Book of 2020
A Chicago Public Library Best Book of 2020 ... and more!
In a series of personal essays, prominent journalist and LGBTQIA+ activist George M. Johnson explores his childhood, adolescence, and college years in New Jersey and Virginia. From the memories of getting his teeth kicked out by bullies at age five, to flea marketing with his loving grandmother, to his first sexual relationships, this young-adult memoir weaves together the trials and triumphs faced by Black queer boys.
Both a primer for teens eager to be allies as well as a reassuring testimony for young queer men of color, All Boys Aren't Blue covers topics such as gender identity, toxic masculinity, brotherhood, family, structural marginalization, consent, and Black joy. Johnson's emotionally frank style of writing will appeal directly to young adults.
About George M. Johnson
George M. Johnson is a writer and activist based in New York. They have written on race, gender, sex, and culture for Essence, the Advocate, BuzzFeed News, Teen Vogue, and more than forty other national publications. George has appeared on BuzzFeed’s AM2DM as well as on MSNBC. All Boys Aren’t Blue is their debut, and was an Amazon Best Book of the Year, an Indie Bestseller, a People Magazine Best Book of the Year, and optioned for television by Gabrielle Union. The New York Times called it "an exuberant, unapologetic memoir infused with a deep but cleareyed love for its subjects." At the time of publication, George used he/him pronouns. Speak with them on Twitter:
By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting George M. Johnson and your local independent bookstore!