603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 10PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
JASON REYNOLDS @ CPC - Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You
Wednesday, March 11 at 7 PM
Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You
at Central Presbyterian Church
EVENT TICKETS & GUIDELINES
- Tickets are only available via Eventbrite. Purchase now: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bookpeople-presents-jason-reynolds-tickets-89611493389
- This event takes place at Central Presbyterian Church at 200 E. 8th St, Austin, TX 78701.
- There are two ticket options for this event. 1 book/1 ticket allows entry for one person into the event and includes a copy of Stamped. 1 book/2 tickets allows entry for 2 people into the event and includes a copy of Stamped.
- Books are not available for pick-up at BookPeople prior to the event.
- A signing line will form after the speaking portion. Jason will personalize 1 book per person.
- Doors open at 6 PM. Seating is general admission; first come, first served.
- Refunds are only available up to 7 days before the event.
- Keep an eye on these guidelines, as they are subject to change.
Please note: If you purchase a ticket and cannot attend the event, we will hold a copy of Stamped for you at BookPeople for 30 days after the date of the event.
A timely, crucial, and empowering exploration of racism--and antiracism--in America
This is NOT a history book.
This is a book about the here and now.
A book to help us better understand why we are where we are.
A book about race.
The construct of race has always been used to gain and keep power, to create dynamics that separate and silence. This remarkable reimagining of Dr. Ibram X. Kendi's National Book Award-winning Stamped from the Beginning reveals the history of racist ideas in America, and inspires hope for an antiracist future. It takes you on a race journey from then to now, shows you why we feel how we feel, and why the poison of racism lingers. It also proves that while racist ideas have always been easy to fabricate and distribute, they can also be discredited.
Through a gripping, fast-paced, and energizing narrative written by beloved award-winner Jason Reynolds, this book shines a light on the many insidious forms of racist ideas--and on ways readers can identify and stamp out racist thoughts in their daily lives.
ABOUT JASON REYNOLDS
Jason Reynolds is the New York Times bestselling author of many books, including When I Was the Greatest, Boy in the Black Suit, All American Boys (cowritten with Brendan Kiely), As Brave as You, For Every One, the Track series (Ghost, Patina, Sunny, and Lu), Long Way Down, and Look Both Ways. He is a National Book Award finalist; the recipient of a Newbery Honor, a Printz Honor, and multiple Coretta Scott King Honors; and the winner of a Kirkus Prize, two Walter Dean Myers Awards, and an NAACP Image Award, among other honors. He lives in Washington, D.C and invites you to visit him online at JasonWritesBooks.com.
To get a book signed at one of our events, a copy of the event book must be purchased from BookPeople. By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
If you cannot attend the event and would like to order a signed copy of the book, add the book to your cart and put SIGNED COPY in the comments field at checkout. We ship all over the world!
Thank you for supporting Jason Reynolds and your local independent bookstore!