603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 | The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
JEFFREY ROSEN @ APL - Conversations with RBG
Thursday, November 14 at 7PM
speaking & signing
Conversations with RBG
In conversation with Daniel Oppenheimer
At Austin Central Public Library
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- The speaking portion of this event is free & open to the public.
- If you buy a copy of Conversations with RBG at BookPeople before the event or at the library on the day of the event, you will receive a signing line ticket, which will grant you priority access in the signing line after the program.
- Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of Conversations with RBG from BookPeople.
- All attendees will be granted access to the signing line. Attendees who bring books from home may join the line after ticketholders.
- Books & tickets are now available to pre-order. Purchasing a book online automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing. There is no separate "ticket" item to add to your cart.
- Pre-ordered books will be available at BookPeople beginning September 17th, or at the event.
- Tickets are lettered. The line for the signing will form according to ticket letter after the author speaks.
- Keep checking this page for further guidelines as the event date approaches.
ABOUT CONVERSATIONS WITH RBG
An intimate look at the life and career of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, in her own words, through an extraordinary series of conversations
This remarkable book presents a unique portrait of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, drawing on more than twenty years of conversations with Jeffrey Rosen, starting in the 1990s and continuing through the Trump era. Rosen, a veteran legal journalist, scholar, and president of the National Constitution Center, shares with us the justice’s observations on a variety of topics, and her intellect, compassion, sense of humor, and humanity shine through. The affection they have for each other as friends is evident in their banter and in their shared love for the Constitution—and for opera.
In Conversations with RBG, Justice Ginsburg discusses the future of Roe v. Wade, her favorite dissents, the cases she would most like to see overruled, the #MeToo movement, how to be a good listener, and how to lead a productive, compassionate life, and of course the future of the Supreme Court itself. These frank exchanges illuminate the steely determination, self-mastery, and wit that have inspired Americans of all ages to embrace the woman known to all as “Notorious RBG.”
Justice Ginsburg always has something interesting—and often surprising—to say. And while few of us will ever have the opportunity to chat with her face-to-face, Jeffrey Rosen brings us by her side as never before. Conversations with RBG is a deeply felt portrait of an American hero.
ABOUT JEFFREY ROSEN
Jeffrey Rosen is the author of six books, most recently Louis D. Brandeis and William Howard Taft. He is the president and chief executive officer of the National Constitution Center, a law professor at George Washington University, and a contributing editor for The Atlantic. He was previously the legal affairs editor of The New Republic and a staff writer for The New Yorker.
To get a book signed at one of our events, a copy of the event book must be purchased from BookPeople. By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
If you cannot attend the event and would like to order a signed copy of the book, add the book to your cart and put SIGNED COPY in the comments field at checkout. We ship all over the world!