Wednesday, June 6 at 7PM
speaking & signing
**ONLINE SALES FOR THIS EVENT HAVE ENDED. CHECK BACK AFTER THE EVENT FOR ANY SIGNED STOCK**
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- The speaking portion of this event is free & open to the public.
- Tickets are required to join the signing line.
- Jim Butcher will sign up to 3 items per person. If you have more books than that, you can wait in line again for the remaining items and he will sign those at the end.
- Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of Brief Cases from BookPeople.
- Books & tickets are now available to pre-order. Purchasing a book online automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing. There is no separate "ticket" item to add to your cart.
- Tickets are lettered. The line for the signing will form according to ticket letter after the author speaks.
- Keep checking this page for further guidelines as the event date approaches.
ABOUT BRIEF CASES
An all-new Dresden Files story headlines this urban fantasy short story collection starring the Windy City's favorite wizard.
The world of Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, is rife with intrigue--and creatures of all supernatural stripes. And you'll make their intimate acquaintance as Harry delves into the dark side of truth, justice, and the American way in this must-have short story collection.
From the Wild West to the bleachers at Wrigley Field, humans, zombies, incubi, and even fey royalty appear, ready to blur the line between friend and foe. In the never-before-published "Zoo Day," Harry treads new ground as a dad, while fan-favorite characters Molly Carpenter, his onetime apprentice, White Council Warden Anastasia Luccio, and even Bigfoot stalk through the pages of more classic tales.
With twelve stories in all, Brief Cases offers both longtime fans and first-time readers tantalizing glimpses into Harry's funny, gritty, and unforgettable realm, whetting their appetites for more to come from the wizard with a heart of gold.
The collection includes:
* "Curses," from THE NAKED CITY, edited by Ellen Datlow
* "AAAA Wizardry," from the Dresden Files RPG
* "Even Hand," from DARK AND STORMY KNIGHTS, edited by P. N. Elrod
* "B is for Bigfoot," from UNDER MY HAT: TALES FROM THE CAULDRON, edited by Jonathan Strahan. Republished in WORKING FOR BIGFOOT
* "I was a Teenage Bigfoot," from BLOOD LITE 3: AFTERTASTE, edited by Kevin J. Anderson. Republished in WORKING FOR BIGFOOT.
* "Bigfoot on Campus," from HEX APPEAL, edited by P. N. Elrod. Republished in WORKING FOR BIGFOOT.
* "Bombshells," from DANGEROUS WOMEN, edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois
* "Jury Duty," from UNBOUND, edited by Shawn Speakman
* "Cold Case," from SHADOWED SOULS, edited by Jim Butcher and Kerrie Hughes
* "Day One," from UNFETTERED II, edited by Shawn Speakman
* "A Fistful of Warlocks," from STRAIGHT OUTTA TOMBSTONE, edited by David Boop
* "Zoo Day" - brand-new novella, original to this collection.
ABOUT JIM BUTCHER
Jim Butcher is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Dresden Files, the Codex Alera, and the Cinder Spires novels. He lives in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.
If you cannot attend the event and would like to order a signed copy of the book, add the book to your cart and put SIGNED COPY in the comments field at checkout. We ship all over the world!