603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 10PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
JODI PICOULT - Small Great Things
Thursday, October 20 at 7pm
speaking & signing
Small Great Things
Central Presbyterian Church
We’re honored to be hosting New York Times Bestselling author Jodi Picoult with her latest novel Small Great Things. With incredible empathy, intelligence, and candor, Jodi Picoult tackles race, privilege, prejudice, justice, and compassion and doesnt offer easy answers. Small Great Things is a remarkable achievement from a writer at the top of her game. Be sure to grab your tickets early and join us at the Central Presbyterian Church.
- Tickets are now available. Tickets are only available via Brown Paper Tickets. They are not available in-store.
- Tickets cost $34 (plus service fee) and include one copy of Small Great Things.
- Each ticket admits ONE person to the Central Presbyterian Church for this event.
- Seating is general admission; first come, first served.
Please note: Tickets will be processed by Brown Paper Tickets, not BookPeople. Brown Paper Tickets will issue a refund of the full face value of your tickets and the service fee within 12 hours of purchase or if the event is canceled or postponed. After that 12 hour period, tickets are non-refundable. If you purchase a ticket, cannot attend the event, and cannot refund the ticket via Brown Paper Tickets, we will hold a copy of Small Great Things for you at BookPeople for 30 days after the date of the event. You may not pick up the book in advance of the event.
- This event is being held at the Central Presbyterian Church (200 E 8th Street), NOT at BookPeople.
- Doors open at 6:00PM. Event begins at 7:00PM
- Books and Tickets will be available at willcall prior to the event, not at BookPeople.
- After Jodi Picoult speaks, she will sign books. You will receive a lettered signing line ticket when you arrive on site noting your place in the line. We will call you up in groups of 50 for the book signing.
- Jodi Picoult will sign an unlimited number of SMALL GREAT THINGS per person, and one backlist title per person.
- Give us a call (512) 472-5050
- Or shoot us an email: online (at) bookpeople.com
ABOUT SMALL GREAT THINGS
This stunning new novel is Jodi Picoult at her finestcomplete with unflinching insights, richly layered characters, and a page-turning plot with a gripping moral dilemma at its heart.
Ruth Jefferson is a labor and delivery nurse at a Connecticut hospital with more than twenty years experience. During her shift, Ruth begins a routine checkup on a newborn, only to be told a few minutes later that shes been reassigned to another patient. The parents are white supremacists and dont want Ruth, who is African American, to touch their child. The hospital complies with their request, but the next day, the baby goes into cardiac distress while Ruth is alone in the nursery. Does she obey orders or does she intervene?
Ruth hesitates before performing CPR and, as a result, is charged with a serious crime. Kennedy McQuarrie, a white public defender, takes her case but gives unexpected advice: Kennedy insists that mentioning race in the courtroom is not a winning strategy. Conflicted by Kennedys counsel, Ruth tries to keep life as normal as possible for her familyespecially her teenage sonas the case becomes a media sensation. As the trial moves forward, Ruth and Kennedy must gain each others trust, and come to see that what theyve been taught their whole lives about othersand themselvesmight be wrong.
With incredible empathy, intelligence, and candor, Jodi Picoult tackles race, privilege, prejudice, justice, and compassionand doesnt offer easy answers. Small Great Things is a remarkable achievement from a writer at the top of her game.
ABOUT JODI PICOULT
Jodi Picoult is the #1 New York Times best selling author of twenty-three novels, including Leaving Time, The Storyteller, Lone Wolf, Between the Lines, Sing You Home, House Rules, Handle with Care, Change of Heart, Nineteen Minutes, and My Sister s Keeper. She is also the author, with daughter Samantha van Leer, of two young adult novels, Between the Lines and Off the Page. Picoult lives in New Hampshire with her husband and three children."
If you cannot attend the event and would like to order a signed copy of the book, add the book to your cart and put SIGNED COPY in the comments field at checkout. We ship all over the world!