Thursday, November 8 at 7PM
speaking & signing
Alice Isn't Dead
In Conversation with Deb Olin Unferth
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- The speaking portion of this event is free & open to the public.
- Tickets are required to join the signing line.
- Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of ALICE ISN'T DEAD from BookPeople.
- Books & tickets are now available to pre-order. Purchasing a book online automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing. There is no separate "ticket" item to add to your cart.
- Tickets are lettered. The line for the signing will form according to ticket letter after the author speaks.
- Keep checking this page for further guidelines as the event date approaches.
ABOUT ALICE ISN'T DEAD
From the New York Times bestselling co-author of It Devours! and Welcome to Night Vale comes a fast-paced thriller about a truck driver searching across America for the wife she had long assumed to be dead.
“This is not a story. It’s a road trip.”
Keisha Taylor lived a quiet life with her wife, Alice, until the day that Alice disappeared. After months of searching, presuming she was dead, Keisha held a funeral, mourned, and gradually tried to get on with her life. But that was before Keisha started to see her wife, again and again, in the background of news reports from all over America. Alice isn’t dead, and she is showing up at every major tragedy and accident in the country.
Following a line of clues, Keisha takes a job with a trucking company, Bay and Creek Transportation, and begins searching for Alice. She eventually stumbles on an otherworldly conflict being waged in the quiet corners of our nation’s highway system—uncovering a conspiracy that goes way beyond one missing woman.
Why did Alice disappear? What does she have to do with this secret war between inhuman killers? Why did the chicken cross the road? These questions, and many more will be answered in Alice Isn’t Dead.
ABOUT JOSEPH FINK
Joseph Fink is the co-author of the New York Times bestselling novels It Devours! and Welcome to Night Vale. He created the Welcome to Night Vale and Alice Isn’t Dead podcast. He lives with his wife Meg Bashwiner in New York.
ABOUT DEN OLIN UNFERTH
Deb Olin Unferth is the author of five books. Her work has appeared in Harper’s, The Paris Review, Granta, Vice, Tin House, and McSweeney’s. She is an associate professor at the University of Texas in Austin.
If you cannot attend the event and would like to order a signed copy of the book, add the book to your cart and put SIGNED COPY in the comments field at checkout. We ship all over the world!