603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 10PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
KAMI GARCIA and JAMIE MCGUIRE in conversation - The Lovely Reckless and Providence
Monday, October 3rd at 7PM
New York Times Bestselling Authors
The Lovely Reckless
Providence & A Beautiful Funeral
Moderated by VIlma of Vilma's Book Blog
Tonight BookPeople is thrilled to welcome bestselling authors Kami Garcia and Jamie McGuire, bringing us some awesome YA novels to kick off October. The Lovely Reckless, by Kami Garcia, is a thrilling star-crossed romance between a wealthy young woman and a charming street racer. Providence, by Jamie McGuire, is a fast-paced YA fantasy in which a young woman’s life hangs in the balance of Heaven and Hell. Come on out.
ORDERS PLACED AFTER 6PM CST ON 10/3/16 CANNOT BE GUARANTEED. AFTER 6PM, CALL US AT 512.472.5050 TO RESERVE BOOKS.
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- The speaking portion of this event is free & open to the public.
- Tickets are required to join the signing line.
- Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of either The Lovely Reckless, Providence or A Beautiful Funeral from BookPeople.
- Tickets are lettered. The line for the signing will form according to ticket letters.
- Readers who purchase a ticket for the signing line may bring up to up to five books from home for every one book purchased from BookPeople. VIP ticket holders may bring up to eight books from home.
- VIP Tickets are available for the Pre-Event Author Reception and Signing (details below). Only 100 VIP tickets are available.
VIP TICKETS AND EXCLUSIVE PRE-ORDER OPPORTUNITY
- Books & tickets are now available to pre-order.
- 100 VIP tickets are available with the pre-order purchase of one book from each author (The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia and either Providence OR A Beautiful Funeral by Jamie McGuire) from BookPeople.
- VIP tickets will grant ticket holders access to a pre-event reception at 6:00 p.m., during which guests can mingle with Kami Garcia and Jamie McGuire, enjoy refreshments, and get their books signed early.
- VIP ticket holders may bring up to eight books from home.
- Keep checking this page for further guidelines as the event date approaches.
If you cannot make it to the event, you can order your copy of The Lovely Reckless, Providence and/or A Beautiful Funeral here. Simply add the book to your cart and indicate SIGNED COPY. We ship all over the world!
ABOUT THE LOVELY RECKLESS
Seventeen-year-old Frankie Devereux would do anything to forget the past. Haunted by her boyfriend’s death, she lives her life by one dangerous rule: Nothing matters. At least, that’s what Frankie tells herself after a reckless mistake forces her to leave her privileged life in the Heights to move in with her dad--an undercover cop. She transfers to a public high school in the Downs, where fistfights don’t faze anyone and illegal street racing is more popular than football.
Marco Leone is the fastest street racer in the Downs. Tough, sexy, and hypnotic, he makes it impossible for Frankie to ignore him--and how he makes her feel. But the risks Marco takes for his family could have devastating consequences for them both. When Frankie discovers his secret, will she risk everything to follow her heart?
ABOUT KAMI GARCIA
Kami Garcia is a #1 New York Times and Bram Stoker nominated author, and the coauthor of the Beautiful Creatures and Dangerous Creatures novels. Her solo series, the Legion, includes the instant New York Times bestseller Unbreakable and its sequel Unmarked.
Kami was a teacher for seventeen years and co-authored her first novel on a dare from seven of her students. If she isn’t busy watching Supernatural, Kami can teach you how to escape from a pair of handcuffs or bake a Coca-Cola cake. She has never raced a car, but there is still time. Kami lives in Maryland with her family and their dogs Spike and Oz. Visit Kami at kamigarcia.com.
In the old world shadows of Providence, Rhode Island, Nina Grey finds herself the center of a war between Hell and Earth. Struggling with her father's recent death, Nina meets Jared Ryel by chance...or so she believes. Although his stunning good looks and mysterious talents are a welcome distraction, it soon becomes clear that Jared knows more about Nina than even her friends at Brown University. When questions outnumber answers, Jared risks everything to keep the woman he was born to save-by sharing the secret he was sworn to protect. When her father's former associates begin following her in the dark, Nina learns that her father is not the man she thought he was, but a thief who stole from demons. Searching for the truth behind her father's death, Nina stumbles upon something she never expected-something Hell wants-and only she holds the key.
ABOUT A BEAUTIFUL FUNERAL
Eleven years to the day after eloping in Vegas with Abby, Special Agent Travis Maddox delivers his own brand of vigilante justice to mob boss Benny Carlisi. Vegas's oldest and most violent crime family is now preparing for vengeance, and the entire Maddox family is a target.
The secret Thomas and Travis have kept for a decade will be revealed to the rest of the family, and for the first time the Maddoxes will be at odds. While none of them are strangers to loss, the family has grown, and the risk is higher than ever. With brothers against brothers and wives taking sides, each member will make a choice—let the fear tear them apart, or make them stronger.
ABOUT JAMIE MCGUIRE
Jamie McGuire is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Beautiful Disaster, Walking Disaster, Red Hill, and the Providence series. She lives just outside Enid, Oklahoma with her husband, Jeff, their children, and 3 dogs, six horses, and a cat named Rooster.
If you cannot attend the event and would like to order a signed copy of the book, add the book to your cart and put SIGNED COPY in the comments field at checkout. We ship all over the world!