Monday, October 29 at 7PM
speaking & signing
Home Cooking with Kate McDermott
at Austin Central Public Library
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- The speaking portion of this event is free & open to the public.
- If you buy a copy of Home Cooking with Kate McDermott at BookPeople before the event or at the library on the day of the event, you will recieve a signing line ticket, which will grant you priority access in the signing line after the program.
- Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of Home Cooking with Kate Mcdermott from BookPeople.
- All attendees will be granted access to the signing line. Attendees who bring books from home may join the line after ticketholders.
- Books & tickets are now available to pre-order. Purchasing a book online automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing. There is no separate "ticket" item to add to your cart.
- Tickets are lettered. The line for the signing will form according to ticket letter after the author speaks.
- Keep checking this page for further guidelines as the event date approaches.
ABOUT HOME COOKING WITH KATE MCDERMOTT
Satisfying, mainly one-dish meals from the author of Art of the Pie
When she isn’t making pie, Kate McDermott has people to feed. From roasted chicken and veggies for Sunday supper to batches of hearty soup to reheat when there’s no time to cook, this practical cookbook focuses on staple recipes for people who aren’t looking for a part-time job in the kitchen. Using ingredients that can be found in any supermarket and techniques that every home cook needs, McDermott shares tasty and repeatable meals for friends and family. Her healthy, affordable, and delicious recipes include:
- Pie Cottage Scones
- How to Roast a Chicken
- Snowy Day Lentil Soup
- Tiny Chocolate Chippers
Like those in Art of the Pie, these recipes are accompanied by moving stories—from anecdotes of single motherhood to building a home in the foothills of the Olympic mountains. Andrew Scrivani’s stunning photographs appear throughout.
ABOUT KATE MCDERMOTT
Kate McDermott, James Beard Award-nominated author of Art of the Pie, teaches pie-making workshops across the United States. She has been featured in USA Today, The New York Times, The Boston Globe, Real Simple, Saveur, and on NPR, among other outlets. She lives in her Pie Cottage in Port Angeles, Washington. More information about Art of the Pie® Workshops and Pie Camps® can be found at artofthepie.com.
If you cannot attend the event and would like to order a signed copy of the book, add the book to your cart and put SIGNED COPY in the comments field at checkout. We ship all over the world!
Thank you for supporting Kate McDermott and your local independent bookstore!