Friday, February 27 at 7PM
Founding Member of Sonic Youth
in conversation with Terry Lickona,
Executive Producer of Austin City Limits,
about Gordon's new memoir,
Girl In a Band
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES:
- The speaking portion of this event is free and open to the public.
- Tickets are required for the signing.
- Tickets cost as much as the price of one copy of Girl in a Band, plus tax.
- Each ticket grants access to the signing line for ONE person and will be exchanged for ONE signed copy of Girl in a Band at the signing table the day of the event.
- Tickets are lettered. After Gordon speaks, we will call people up to have their books signed according to the letter on their tickets.
- Additional guidelines to come!
If you cannot attend the event, you can order a signed, personalized copy of the book.
ORDER A SIGNED COPY HERE. We ship worldwide.
ABOUT KIM GORDON
Kim Gordon is an artist, musician, producer, fashion designer, writer and actress. She is a founding member of the experimental post-punk band Sonic Youth. Following the breakup of Sonic Youth, Gordon formed the group Body/Head. A collection of her early critical art writing entitled Is It My Body? was released by Sternberg Press in January 2014. Recent art exhibitions include a show of paintings through the Gagosian Gallery in Los Angeles and a major survey show at White Columns in New York. Gordon currently shows with 303 Gallery in New York City. She lives in Northampton, New York, and Los Angeles.
ABOUT GIRL IN A BAND
Kim Gordon, founding member of Sonic Youth, fashion icon, and role model for a generation of women, now tells her story--a memoir of life as an artist, of music, marriage, motherhood, independence, and as one of the first women of rock and roll, written with the lyricism and haunting beauty of Patti Smith's Just Kids.
Often described as aloof, Kim Gordon opens up as never before in Girl in a Band. Telling the story of her family, growing up in California in the '60s and '70s, her life in visual art, her move to New York City, the men in her life, her marriage, her relationship with her daughter, her music, and her band, Girl in a Band is a rich and beautifully written memoir.