BookPeople welcomes Lalena Fisher to celebrate the release of Friends Beyond Measure. The event will include an author discussion, an audience Q&A, and a signing line.
- This event is free and open to the public.
- Start time: 12:00 P.M.
- Run time: 45-60 minutes, followed by a signing line.
- Location: The Second Floor of BookPeople
- The author will be signing copies of their book after the speaking portion of the event.
- To get a book signed, a copy of the event book or an item of equal value must be purchased from BookPeople.
- Seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There will not be a live stream or recording available.
- BookPeople reserves the right to cancel or postpone this event if necessary.
- If you have any other questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT FRIENDS BEYOND MEASURE:
Friends Beyond Measure explores the world of infographics, including maps, diagrams, charts, timelines, and so much more! From the chart showing how to make fairy tea to the Venn Diagram of the friends’ personalities, every page is filled with delicious details for the reader to pore over.
Ana and Harwin’s friendship has been off the charts since day one! But when Harwin learns her family is going to move far away, the duo isn’t sure how their friendship can survive the move.
See how their friend-o-meters calibrate in this imaginative, heartwarming story by beloved picture book creator and infographic designer Lalena Fisher.
An ideal read-aloud for classrooms, libraries, and homeschooling, this book includes backmatter that explains all about the different types of charts and graphics in the book and gives suggestions for readers to create charts of their own.
Readers will love all the fun details in this rich and visual story! And they’ll engage in critical thinking while analyzing and evaluating the images.
ABOUT LALENA FISHER:
Lalena Fisher draws and writes in her backyard studio in Austin, Texas, taking breaks to coo up at the owl house where Olive the Eastern screech owl perches. After earning her MFA from Pratt Institute she (Lalena, not Olive) designed for Blue’s Clues and The Wonder Pets. She has created information graphics for The New York Times and makes fine art painting and sculpture. After hours, Lalena rocks out with her daughter as the guitar-and-drums duo The Mothermold while her husband and the dog hold their ears. Friends Beyond Measure is Lalena’s first book as a solo author-illustrator. Follow her various adventures at www.lalenalab.com.
By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business – you’re showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting Lalena Fisher and your local independent bookstore!