603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 11PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
MARK DANIELEWSKI - The Familiar Volume 5
Saturday, November 11 at 6PM
MARK Z. DANIELEWSKI
speaking & signing
The Familiar: Volume 5
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- The speaking portion of this event is free & open to the public.
- Tickets are required to join the signing line.
- Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of The Familiar: Volume 5 from BookPeople.
- Books & tickets are now available to pre-order. Purchasing a book online automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing. There is no separate "ticket" item to add to your cart.
- Tickets are lettered. The line for the signing will form according to ticket letter after the author speaks.
- Keep checking this page for further guidelines as the event date approaches.
ABOUT THE FAMILIAR: VOLUME 5
The Season One finale of this riveting multisensory masterpiece from the visionary author of House of Leaves.
The astonishing series about a young girl who befriends a cat hunting humanity continues with Volume 5, in which the consequences of how we encounter one another come into poignant and terrifying relief--especially on one September night, when an unexpected phone call demanding the return of the little white cat challenges everything the Ibrahims hold dear. They are not alone. Jingjing must contend with a rival he could never have anticipated, while Xanther must relinquish all she thought she knew as a far greater responsibility is set before her. Light wavers and pomegranates reveal their price as the effects of a great transition start to reverberate around everyone. Shnorhk's efforts to resume playing music cannot escape history's ghosts. Cas, in upstate New York, comes face-to-face with her lifelong nemesis in a candlelit rendezvous that presages the international crisis soon to come. As more lines tangle, Özgür and Luther brawl with a future that may have chosen them long ago, and Isandòrno crosses a line that will force him over the border into a country he has until now steadfastly refused. All the while, a terrible power roaming the world continues to grow . . .
ABOUT MARK Z. DANIELEWSKI
Mark Z. Danielewski was born in New York City and now lives in Los Angeles.
If you cannot attend the event and would like to order a signed copy of the book, add the book to your cart and put SIGNED COPY in the comments field at checkout. We ship all over the world!