603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 11PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
SARAH VOWELL - Lafayette in the Somewhat United States
Monday, November 2 at 7PM
speaking & signing
Lafayettte in the Somewhat United States
If you’ve never enjoyed history, you’ve never read Sarah Vowell. We’re stoked to have “The Madonna of Americanah” (LA Times), This American Life contributor, and author of several books, including Assassination Vacation, school us on Revolutionary War hero Marquis de Lafayette. Join us for an insightful and hilarious portrait of a nation’s idealism and its reality. The speaking portion of this event is free & open to the public. Tickets are required for the signing and only available with the purchase of a copy of Lafayette in the Somewhat United States from BookPeople.
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- The speaking portion of this event is free & open to the public.
- Tickets are required to join the signing line.
- Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of Lafayette in the Somewhat United States from BookPeople.
- Books & tickets are now available to pre-order. Purchasing a book online automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing. There is no separate "ticket" item to add to your cart.
- Tickets are lettered. The line for the signing will form according to ticket letter after the author speaks.