603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 11PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
MITCH ALBOM Here at BookPeople - The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
Tuesday, December 1 at 7PM
speaking & signing
The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
Here at BookPeople!
Free & open to the public.
To receive a ticket for the signing line,
purchase Magic Strings
from BookPeople online or in-store.
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- This event will take place at BookPeople. (It was formerly scheduled to take place at Central Presbyterian Church.) If you purchased a ticket for the CPC location, you will have a seat reserved for you at BookPeople for this event.
- The speaking portion of this event is free and open to the public!
- Tickets are required to join the signing line.
- Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto from BookPeople.
- Books & tickets are now available in-store and via bookpeople.com. Purchasing a book online automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing. There is no separate "ticket" item to add to your cart.
- Tickets are lettered. The line for the signing will form according to ticket letter after the author speaks.
If you cannot make it to the event, you can order a signed, personalized copy of The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto. Simply add the book to your cart and indicate SIGNED COPY (and the name to which you'd like the book signed) in the comments field during checkout. We ship all over the world!
- Give us a call (512-472-5050)
- Or shoot us an email: online (at) bookpeople.com
ABOUT THE MAGIC STRINGS OF FRANKIE PRESTO
An epic story of the greatest guitar player to ever live, and the six lives he changed with his magical blue strings.
In Albom's most sweeping novel yet, the voice of Music narrates the tale of its most beloved disciple, young Frankie Presto, a war orphan raised by a blind music teacher in a small Spanish town. At nine years old, Frankie is sent to America in the bottom of a boat. His only possession is an old guitar and six precious strings.
But Frankie's talent is touched by the gods, and his amazing journey weaves him through the musical landscape of the 20thcentury, from classical to jazz to rock and roll, with his stunning talent affecting numerous stars along the way, including Hank Williams, Elvis Presley, Carole King, Wynton Marsalis and even KISS.
Frankie becomes a pop star himself. He makes records. He is adored. But his gift is also his burden, as he realizes, through his music, he can actually affect people's futures with one string turning blue whenever a life is altered.
At the height of his popularity, Frankie Presto vanishes. His legend grows. Only decades later, does he reappear just before his spectacular death to change one last life.
With its Forest Gump-like romp through the music world, The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto is a classic in the making. A lifelong musician himself, Mitch Albom delivers a remarkable novel, infused with the message that everyone joins a band in this life and those connections change us all..
ABOUT MITCH ALBOM
Mitch Albom is a bestselling novelist, a screen-writer, a playwright, and an award-winning journalist. He is the author of six consecutive number-one New York Times bestsellers and has sold more than thirty-four million copies of his books in forty-two languages worldwide. Tuesdays with Morrie, which spent four years atop the New York Times list, is the bestselling memoir of all time.
Albom has founded seven charities, including the first-ever full-time medical clinic for homeless children in America. He also operates an orphanage in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. He lives with his wife, Janine, in suburban Detroit.