Friday, November 1 at 12:30 pm
TEGAN & SARA QUIN
- This is a straight signing and photo opportunity only. There is no talk/reading/Q&A.
- Vouchers are required to join the line.
- You must purchase the voucher item below from BookPeople in order to gain entry into the event. Vouchers can only be purchased online and will not be available for shipping.
- Vouchers include a copy of High School, which you will receive at the event.
- Due to time constraints, we can only offer a limited quantity of vouchers.
- There will be no signed memorabilia, videos, or selfies.
- Event guidelines are subject to change.
ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL
From the iconic musicians Tegan and Sara comes a memoir about high school, detailing their first loves and first songs in a compelling look back at their humble beginnings
High School is the revelatory and unique coming-of-age story of Sara and Tegan Quin, identical twins from Calgary, Alberta, who grew up at the height of grunge and rave culture in the nineties, well before they became the celebrated musicians and global LGBTQ icons we know today. While grappling with their identity and sexuality, often alone, they also faced academic meltdown, their parents’ divorce, and the looming pressure of what might come after high school. Written in alternating chapters from both Tegan's and Sara’s points of view, the book is a raw account of the drugs, alcohol, love, music, and friendship they explored in their formative years. A transcendent story of first loves and first songs, High School captures the tangle of discordant and parallel memories of two sisters who grew up in distinct ways even as they lived just down the hall from each another. This is the origin story of Tegan and Sara.
ABOUT TEGAN & SARA QUIN
During the course of their twenty-year career, Tegan Quin and Sara Quin have sold well over one million records and released eight studio albums. They have received three Juno Awards, a Grammy nomination, a Governor General’s Performing Arts Award, and the 2018 New York Civil Liberties Union Award. They have performed on some of the world’s biggest stages, from Coachella to the Academy Awards. Outspoken advocates for equality, in 2016 Tegan and Sara created the Tegan and Sara Foundation, which fights for health, economic justice, and representation for LGBTQ girls and women. The sisters currently reside in Vancouver, British Columbia, and split their time between there and Los Angeles, California. Visit them at www.teganandsara.com or connect with them on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook at @TeganandSara.
Thank you for supporting Tegan & Sara Quin and your local independent bookstore!