603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 10PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
STORY PIRATES present: Digging Up Danger!
**Please note, after 4pm on 3/30 all orders should be placed over the phone or in-store. No further online orders will be accepted.**
Sunday, March 31 at 2 PM
THE STORY PIRATES
Digging Up Danger
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- The speaking portion of this event is free & open to the public.
- Tickets are required to join the signing line.
- Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of Digging Up Danger from BookPeople.
- Purchasing a book online automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing. There is no separate "ticket" item to add to your cart.
- Tickets are lettered. The line for the signing will form according to ticket letter after the Story Pirates perform.
- If you cannot make the event, you can order a signed copy of Digging Up Danger. Simply add the book to your cart and indicate SIGNED COPY. We ship all over the world!
- **Please note, after 4pm on 3/30 all orders should be placed over the phone or in-store. No further online orders will be accepted.**
ABOUT DIGGING UP DANGER
Ghosts? A mysterious plant? Something even more sinister? This spooky mystery (inspired by a real kid's idea) doubles as a creative writing guide for young writers!
Eliza loves hunting ghosts — too bad she's spending the summer helping her scientist mother study weird plants instead. But when a mysterious plant goes missing, things go from strange to downright spooky. Eliza is convinced something—or someone—is haunting the plant shop. Is she digging into dangerous ground?
Like Stuck in the Stone Age, the first in the Story Pirates Present series, this spine-tingling mystery doubles as an introduction to the basics of creative writing. With the help of Story Pirate Captain Vincent Rolo and the Mystery Creation Zone, kids can use this kid-generated story as inspiration to create their OWN great mysteries!
ABOUT THE STORY PIRATES
The Story Pirates are a nationally respected media and education organization founded in 2004 to celebrate the words, ideas, and stories of young people. Their motto: "Changing kids' lives, one story at a time." They've been featured on NBC Nightly News, TODAY, and Sesame Street, and are endorsed by Jon Stewart, Conan O'Brien, John Oliver, and more.
Geoff Rodkey is the New York Times bestselling writer of the Tapper Twins and Chronicles of Egg books, as well as the hit films Daddy Day Care and RV. He lives and works in New York City. Hatem Aly is an Egyptian-born illustrator whose work has been featured on television and in multiple publications worldwide. He currently lives in New Brunswick, Canada, with his wife, son, and more pets than people. Vince Boberski writes short stories and funny songs, plays saxophone in his school band, and likes to play basketball, and his favorite Grizzlies player is Mike Conley. He lives in Memphis, Tennessee, with his mom and dad, a little sister who sometimes gets on his nerves, and two dogs named Daisy and Lucy who don't.
To get a book signed at one of our events, a copy of the event book must be purchased from BookPeople. By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
If you cannot attend the event and would like to order a signed copy of the book, add the book to your cart and put SIGNED COPY in the comments field at checkout. We ship all over the world!