In conversation with James Patterson
Event Registration & Guidelines
- Tickets are required to join this live event and are available exclusively through Eventbrite.
- Each book ticket includes a signed copy of The Hero Code to be shipped after our event concludes.
- Tickets begin at $27 (Price includes domestic shipping cost. Sales tax and service fees apply to grand total.)
- Additional shipping charges apply for international orders.
- You will receive your link approximately two hours prior to event start time. If you don't receive it by 4PM CST, please email us at email@example.com. BookPeople will not be responsible for missing links.
- Digital Doors Open at 5:45PM CDT.
- Event Begins at 6:00PM CDT.
- Books will begin shipping following our virtual event.
NOTE: Because this is a virtual event that will be hosted on Zoom, you will need access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing and sufficient Internet access. If you have not used Zoom before, you may consider referencing Getting Started with Zoom.
ABOUT THE HERO CODE
From the acclaimed, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Make Your Bed—a short, inspirational book about the qualities of true, everyday heroes.
THE HERO CODE is Admiral McRaven's ringing tribute to the real, everyday heroes he's met over the years, from battlefields to hospitals to college campuses, who are doing their part to save the world.
When Bill McRaven was a young boy growing up in Texas, he dreamed of being a superhero. He longed to put on a cape and use his superpowers to save the earth from destruction. But as he grew older and traveled the world, he found real heroes everywhere he went -- and none of them had superpowers. None of them wore capes or cowls. But they all possessed qualities that gave them the power to help others, to make a difference, to save the world: courage, both physical and moral; humility; a willingness to sacrifice; and a deep sense of integrity.
The Hero Code is not a cypher, a puzzle, or a secret message. It is a code of conduct; lessons in virtues that can become the foundations of our character as we build a life worthy of honor and respect.
ABOUT ADMIRAL WILLIAM H. McRAVEN
Admiral William McRaven is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Make Your Bed and the New York Times bestseller Sea Stories: My Life in Special Operations. In his thirty-seven years as a Navy SEAL, he commanded at every level. As a Four-Star Admiral, his final assignment was as Commander of all U.S. Special Operations Forces. After retiring from the Navy, he served as the Chancellor of the University of Texas System from 2015 to 2018. He now lives in Austin, Texas with his wife, Georgeann.
ABOUT JAMES PATTERSON
James Patterson is the world's bestselling author. The creator of Alex Cross, he has produced more enduring fictional heroes than any other novelist alive. He lives in Florida with his family.
By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting Admiral William H. McRaven, James Patterson and your local independent bookstore!