Tuesday, July 21st at 4pm CT
ADRIANNA CUEVAS & CHANTEL ACEVEDO
The Total Eclipse of Nestor Lopez
& Muse Squad
LIVE ON ZOOM!
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- Tickets are required to join this virtual event.
- There are two ticket options available for this event. Both of these options get you entry into the event. You need only pick one:
- A $5 Ticket: This gets you a zoom link for entry to the event. This option does not include a book. All you have to do is add the $5 Ticket option from below to your cart and check out as usual.
- Book of choice: This gets you a zoom link for entry to the event AND a copy of The Total Eclipse of Nestor Lopez or Muse Squad. If you choose this option, you do not need to add the separate ticket. All you have to do is select the book of your choice from below, add to cart, and check out as usual. You will receive the zoom link to the email you provide upon checkout.
- Sales for this event end on 7/21 at 2pm CT.
- The Zoom link will be sent to the email you provided after sales have ended on 7/21 (approx. 2:15pm CT)
- Digital Doors Open at 3:45pm CT
- Event Begins at 4pm CT
NOTE: Because this is a virtual event that will be hosted on Zoom, you will need access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing and sufficient Internet access. If you have not used Zoom before, you may consider referencing Getting Started with Zoom.
ABOUT THE TOTAL ECLIPSE OF NESTOR LOPEZ
In this magical middle-grade debut novel, a Cuban American boy must use his secret ability to communicate with animals to save the inhabitants of his town when they are threatened by a tule vieja, a witch that transforms into animals.
All twelve-year-old Nestor Lopez wants is to live in one place for more than a few months and have dinner with his dad, an Army sergeant deployed in Afghanistan. When he and his mother move to a new town to live with his grandmother, Nestor plans to lay low, and he certainly has no intention of letting anyone find out his deepest secret—that he can talk to animals. But when the animals in town start disappearing, and Nestor's grandmother is spotted in the woods where they were last seen, suspicion mounts against her. Nestor learns that they are being taken by a tule vieja, a witch who bites animals to gain their power, and his extraordinary ability is put front and center as he tries to catch the real culprit and clear his grandmother's name.
ABOUT ADRIANNA CUEVAS
Adrianna Cuevas is a first-generation Cuban American originally from Miami, Florida. After teaching Spanish and ESOL for sixteen years, she decided to pursue her passion for storytelling. Adrianna currently resides outside of Austin, Texas with her husband and son where they enjoy hiking, traveling, and cooking lots of Cuban food.
ABOUT MUSE SQUAD
A debut middle grade fantasy adventure about a Cuban American girl who discovers that she’s one of the nine muses of Greek mythology. Perfect for fans of The Serpent’s Secret, the Aru Shah series, and the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
Callie Martinez-Silva didn’t mean to turn her best friend into a pop star. But when a simple pep talk leads to miraculous results, Callie learns she’s the newest muse of epic poetry, one of the nine muses of Greek mythology tasked with protecting humanity’s fate in secret.
Whisked away to muse headquarters, she joins three recruits her age, who call themselves the Muse Squad. Together, the junior muses use their magic to inspire and empower—not an easy feat when you’re eleven and still figuring out the goddess within.
When their first assignment turns out to be Callie’s exceptionally nerdy classmate Maya Rivero, the squad comes to Miami to stay with Callie and her Cuban family. There, they discover that Maya doesn’t just need inspiration, she needs saving from vicious Sirens out to unleash a curse that will corrupt her destiny.
As chaos erupts, will the Muse Squad be able to master their newfound powers in time to thwart the Cassandra Curse . . . or will it undo them all?
ABOUT CHANTEL ACEVEDO
Chantel Acevedo was born in Miami to Cuban parents. She is the acclaimed author of adult novels, including The Distant Marvels, which was a finalist for the 2016 Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Fiction, and she is also a professor of English at the University of Miami, where she directs the MFA program. Muse Squad: The Cassandra Curse is her debut middle grade novel. Chantel lives with her personal Muse Squad, aka her family, in Florida. You can visit her online at www.chantelacevedo.com.
Thank you for supporting Adrianna Cuevas, Chantel Acevedo and your local independent bookstore!