In conversation with Gen Padalecki
BookPeople is thrilled to welcome NBA Champion Chris Bosh live on Zoom for a celebration of Letters to a Young Athlete—Bosh's remarkable memoir-in-letters infused with hard-earned wisdom. You don't want to miss out on this slam dunk of a virtual event!
Event Tickets & Guidelines
- Tickets are required to join this live event and are available exclusively through Eventbrite.
- All tickets come with a copy of Letters to a Young Athlete. A limited number of tickets include a signed bookplate from Chris Bosh.
- Tickets begin at $31.00 (Price includes domestic shipping cost. Sales tax and service fees apply to grand total.)
- Additional shipping charges apply for international orders.
- You will receive your link approximately two hours prior to event start time. If you don't receive it by 4PM CDT, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. BookPeople will not be responsible for missing links.
- Digital Doors Open at 5:45PM CDT.
- Event Begins at 6:00PM CDT.
- Books will begin shipping following our virtual event.
NOTE: Because this is a virtual event that will be hosted on Zoom, you will need access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing and sufficient Internet access. If you have not used Zoom before, you may consider referencing Getting Started with Zoom.
ABOUT LETTERS TO A YOUNG ATHLETE
Chris Bosh, an eleven-time All-Star, two-time NBA champion, Olympic gold medalist, and the league’s Global Ambassador, had his playing days cut short at their prime by a freak medical condition. His extraordinary career ended not at a time of his choosing but “in a doctor’s office in the middle of the afternoon.” Forced to reckon with how to find meaning to carry forward, he found himself looking back over his path, from a teenager in Dallas who balanced basketball with the high school robotics club to the pinnacle of the NBA and beyond.
Reflecting on all he learned from a long list of basketball legends, from LeBron and Kobe to Pat Riley and Coach K, he saw that his important lessons weren’t about basketball so much as the inner game of success—right attitude, right commitment, right flow within a team. Now he shares that journey, giving us a fascinating view from the inside of what greatness feels like and what it takes, formulated as a series of letters to younger people coming up and to all wisdom seekers. A timeless gift for anyone in pursuit of excellence, Letters to a Young Athlete offers a proven path for taming your inner voice and making it your ally, through the challenges of failure and the challenges of success alike.
ABOUT CHRIS BOSH
Chris Bosh fell in love with basketball at an early age and earned the prestigious “Mr. Basketball” title while still at Lincoln High School in Dallas, Texas. A McDonald’s All-American, Bosh was selected fourth overall by the Toronto Raptors after one year attending Georgia Tech. In March 2019, Bosh’s #1 jersey was officially retired for the Miami Heat. In addition to his basketball career, in 2010 he founded Team Tomorrow as a community-uplift organization. Bosh regularly speaks to youths about the benefits of reading, coding, and leadership. Bosh, his wife, Adrienne, and their five children reside in Austin, Texas.
By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting Chris Bosh, Gen Padalecki, and your local independent bookstore!