Thursday, August 27 at 4pm CT
CORY PUTMAN OAKES
The Second-Best Haunted Hotel on Mercer Street
LIVE ON ZOOM!
In conversation with Adrianna Cuevas,
author of The Total Eclipse of Nestor Lopez
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- Tickets are required to join this virtual event.
- There are two ticket options available for this event. Both of these options get you entry into the event. You need only pick one:
- A $5 Ticket: This gets you a zoom link for entry to the event. This option does not include a book. All you have to do is add the $5 Ticket option from below to your cart and check out as usual.
- Book: This gets you a zoom link for entry to the event AND a signed, personalized copy of The Second Best Haunted Hotel on Mercer Street. If you choose this option, you do not need to add the separate ticket. All you have to do is select the book from below, add to cart, and check out as usual. You will receive the zoom link to the email you provide upon checkout.
- Sales for this event end on 8/27 at 2pm CT.
- The Zoom link will be sent to the email you provided after sales have ended on 8/27 (approx. 2:15pm CT)
- Digital Doors Open at 3:45pm CT
- Event Begins at 4pm CT
NOTE: Because this is a virtual event that will be hosted on Zoom, you will need access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing and sufficient Internet access. If you have not used Zoom before, you may consider referencing Getting Started with Zoom.
ABOUT THE SECOND BEST HAUNTED HOTEL ON MERCER STREET
A family-run haunted hotel’s livelihood is threatened when a bigger haunted hotel opens nearby in this hilarious, spooky story
Twelve-year-old Willow Ivan’s family has run the Hotel Ivan for four hundred years. Through thick and thin, they’ve held on tight to their title as the Best Haunted Hotel on Mercer Street. That is, until the Hauntery—a corporate chain of haunted hotels—moves in down the street. As the Ivan’s business fades, so do their ghostly staff. And Willow begins to worry that The Ivan’s days are numbered.
Then Willow meets Evie, a Hauntery ghost who’s forced to play the part of a Spooky Little Girl even though she longs to be a Terrifying Phantasm. So when Willow offers her a job at The Ivan, Evie accepts—but she doesn’t tell Willow that she’s still working for The Ivan’s competition, for fear of losing her new job and friend.
Together, the girls come up with a plan to save The Ivan. But with The Ivan ghosts already fading and Evie’s secret threatening to come out, will it be too late?
ABOUT CORY PUTMAN OAKES
Cory Putman Oakes is the author of Dinosaur Boy, Dinosaur Boy Saves Mars, and Witchtown. She lives, writes, and often bakes in Austin, Texas.
ABOUT THE MODERATOR: ADRIANNA CUEVAS
Adrianna Cuevas is a first-generation Cuban American originally from Miami, Florida. After teaching Spanish and ESOL for sixteen years, she decided to pursue her passion for storytelling. Adrianna currently resides outside of Austin, Texas with her husband and son where they enjoy hiking, traveling, and cooking lots of Cuban food.
Thank you for supporting Cory Putman Oakes and your local independent bookstore!