Sunday, October 4 at 3pm CT - Live on Zoom!
CYNTHIA LEVINSON & SANFORD LEVINSON
Fault Lines in The Constitution: The Graphic Novel
- REGISTER to attend HERE
- We are offering SIGNED, PERSONALIZED copies of Fault Lines in the Constitution! If you would like the book to be personalized by the author, please type the name you want the book signed to in the comments field at checkout.
- Digital Doors Open at 2:45PM CDT
- Event Begins at 3:00PM CDT
- NOTE: Because this is a virtual event that will be hosted on Zoom, you will need access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing and sufficient Internet access. If you have not used Zoom before, you may consider referencing Getting Started with Zoom
- This event is hosted in partnership with Brookline Booksmith.
ABOUT FAULT LINES IN THE CONSTITUTION: THE GRAPHIC NOVEL
The latest volume in our World Citizen Comics graphic novel series, Fault Lines in the Constitution teaches readers how this founding document continues to shape modern American society.
In 1787, after 116 days of heated debates and bitter arguments, the United States Constitution was created. This imperfect document set forth America’s guiding principles, but it would also introduce some of today's most contentious political issues—from gerrymandering, to the Electoral College, to presidential impeachment.
With colorful art, compelling discourse, and true stories from America's past and present, Fault Lines in the Constitution: The Graphic Novel sheds light on how today's political struggles have their origins in the decisions of our Founding Fathers.
Children’s book author Cynthia Levinson, constitutional law scholar Sanford Levinson, and artist Ally Shwed deftly illustrate how contemporary problems arose from this founding document—and then they offer possible solutions.
ABOUT CYNTHIA LEVINSON + SANFORD LEVINSON
Cynthia Levinson writes award-winning nonfiction books about social justice for young readers, including The Youngest Marcher and Watch out for Flying Kids. She also braids bread with six strands, juggles up to two balls, and takes a constitutional most days.
Sanford Levinson is a professor both at the University of Texas Law School and the University of Texas at Austin Department of Government. The author of many books on the U.S. Constitution and other subjects, he is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and received the lifetime achievement award of the Law and Courts Section of the American Political Science Association in 2010.
Sanford and Cynthia Levinson have four thoroughly splendid grandchildren and divide their time between Austin, Texas and Boston, Massachusetts.
By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting Cynthia Levinson, Sanford Levinson and your local independent bookstore!