Tuesday, May 19 at 4pm CDT
MARI MANCUSI & HENRY CLARK
Dragon Ops & What We Found in the Maze and How It Saved a Dragon
LIVE ON ZOOM!
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- Tickets are required to join this virtual event.
- There are two ticket options available for this event. Both of these options get you entry into the event:
- A $5 Ticket: This gets you a zoom link for entry to the event. This option does not include a book. All you have to do is add the $5 Ticket option from below to your cart and check out as usual.
- Book of choice: This gets you a zoom link for entry to the event AND the book of your choice. If you choose this option, you do not need to add the separate ticket. All you have to do is select the book you want from the options below, add to cart, and check out as usual. You will receive the zoom link to the email you provide upon checkout.
- Sales for this event end on 5/19 at 2pm CDT.
- The Zoom link will be sent to the email you provided after sales have ended on 5/19 (approx. 2:15pm CDT)
- Digital Doors Open at 3:45pm CDT
- Event Begins at 4pm CDT
NOTE: Because this is a virtual event that will be hosted on Zoom, you will need access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing and sufficient Internet access. If you have not used Zoom before, you may consider referencing Getting Started with Zoom.
ABOUT DRAGON OPS
Welcome to DRAGON OPS, the world's first augmented-reality video-game theme park. Set on a once-deserted island, our three beta players-classic gamer geek Ian; his adventure-seeking sister, Lily; and their too-cool-for-gaming cousin, Derek-have been lucky enough to score an invite to play before the fully immersive experience opens to the public.
But once inside, they find themselves trapped in a game taken over by a rogue AI dragon called Atreus, and suddenly the stakes go beyond the virtual world. With no cheat codes, guidebooks, save points, or do-overs, they'll need all their cunning and video-game hacks to beat the game? and survive in real life.
Action-packed and unputdownable, Dragon Ops will thrill gamers and reluctant readers alike with high-tech adventure and electrifying twists and turns.
ABOUT MARI MANCUSI
Mari Mancusi always wanted a dragon as a pet. Unfortunately, the fire insurance premiums proved a bit too large and her house a bit too small, so she chose to write about them instead. As a former Emmy Award-winning TV news producer, she now works as a full-time author, having published over two dozen books for kids, teens, and adults. When not writing, Mari enjoys traveling, cosplay, watching cheesy (and scary) horror movies, and playing video games. A graduate of Boston University, she lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband, Jacob, daughter, Avalon, and their two dogs. Visit her at marimancusi.com or follow her @marimancusi.
ABOUT WHAT WE FOUND IN THE CORN MAZE...
When three kids discover a book of magic spells that can only be cast during a few short minutes a day, they'll need all the time they can get to save a dying magical world, its last dragon, and themselves.
An ordinary day turns extraordinary when twelve-year-old Cal witnesses his neighbor Modesty summon a slew of lost coins without lifting a finger. Turns out she has a secret manual of magic spells . . . but they only work sometimes. And they're the most boring spells ever: To Change the Color of a Room, To Repair a Chimney, To Walk With Stilts, To Untangle Yarn. Useless!
But when Cal, his friend Drew, and Modesty are suddenly transported to the world the spells come from -- a world that's about to lose its last dragon -- they'll have to find a way to use the oddly specific incantations to save the day, if only they can figure out when magic works.
From the inventive mind of Henry Clark comes a hilariously wacky adventure about magic, friendship, a lookout tower come to life, a maze in the shape of a dragon, an actual dragon named Phlogiston, and lots and lots of popcorn.
ABOUT HENRY CLARK
Henry Clark is the author of What We Found in the Sofa and How It Saved the World and The Book That Proves Time Travel Happens. He has contributed articles to MAD magazine and published fiction in Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine in addition to acting at Old Bethpage Village Restoration, a living-history museum. He lives in St. Augustine, Florida.
Thank you for supporting Mari Mancusi, Henry Clark and your local independent bookstore!