Sunday, May 17 at 2PM CDT
All Adults Here
In conversation with Jasmine Guillory
LIVE ON ZOOM
ONLINE SALES END ON 5/17 AT 12PM CDT
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- Tickets are required to join this live Zoom event.
- Tickets are available with the purchase of All Adults Here by Emma Straub or Party of Two by Jasmine Guillory from bookpeople.com. There is no separate "ticket" item to add to your cart.
- If you pre-ordered a copy of All Adults Here by Emma Starub or Party of Two by Jasmine Guillory prior to the event announcement, we will honor your pre-order and send you a link to the event.
- The Zoom link will be sent to the email you used to purchase the book on the day of the event at 12PM CDT.
- Digital Doors Open at 1:45pm CDT
- Event Begins at 2PM CDT
- NOTE: Because this is a virtual event that will be hosted on Zoom, you will need access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing and sufficient Internet access. If you have not used Zoom before, you may consider referencing Getting Started with Zoom.
ABOUT ALL ADULTS HERE
When Astrid Strick witnesses a school bus accident in the center of town, it jostles loose a repressed memory from her young parenting days decades earlier. Suddenly, Astrid realizes she was not quite the parent she thought she’d been to her three, now-grown children. But to what consequence?
Astrid’s youngest son is drifting and unfocused, making parenting mistakes of his own. Her daughter is pregnant yet struggling to give up her own adolescence. And her eldest seems to measure his adult life according to standards no one else shares. But who gets to decide, so many years later, which long-ago lapses were the ones that mattered? Who decides which apologies really count? It might be that only Astrid’s thirteen-year-old granddaughter and her new friend really understand the courage it takes to tell the truth to the people you love the most.
In All Adults Here, Emma Straub’s unique alchemy of wisdom, humor, and insight come together in a deeply satisfying story about adult siblings, aging parents, high school boyfriends, middle school mean girls, the lifelong effects of birth order, and all the other things that follow us into adulthood, whether we like them to or not.
ABOUT EMMA STRAUB
Emma Straub is the New York Times-bestselling author of three other novels The Vacationers, Modern Lovers, Laura Lamont’s Life in Pictures, and the short story collection Other People We Married. Her books have been published in twenty countries. She and her husband own Books Are Magic, an independent bookstore in Brooklyn, New York.
ABOUT JASMINE GUILLORY
Jasmine Guillory is the New York Times bestselling author of five romance novels, including The Wedding Date and The Proposal. Her work has appeared in O, The Oprah Magazine, Real Simple, and Cosmopolitan. She lives in Oakland, California.
By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting Emma Straub, Jasmine Guillory, and your local independent bookstore!